The Student Room Group

Neuroscience degree career prospects????

what jobs can u get with a neuroscience degree cause im struggling to find any that arent to do with research or anything
Reply 1
Original post by eternaldevotiion
what jobs can u get with a neuroscience degree cause im struggling to find any that arent to do with research or anything

I would rephrase the question and break it into 2. Why do you want to stud neuroscience? What kind of job are you interested in doing after your studies?

Neuroscience is interesting and often associated with research or lab tech work, but the skills learn can be transferred to a variety of fields. What area of neuroscience are you focusing on? More Bio or Psych? Marketing and tech (UX Design, Software Engineering, Data Science, or even Product or Project management) are the two areas that come to mind outside of Psych, research or lab work.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by k1tsun3
I would rephrase the question and break it into 2. Why do you want to stud neuroscience? What kind of job are you interested in doing after your studies?

Neuroscience is interesting and often associated with research or lab tech work, but the skills learn can be transferred to a variety of fields. What area of neuroscience are you focusing on? More Bio or Psych? Marketing and tech (UX Design, Software Engineering, Data Science, or even Product or Project management) are the two areas that come to mind outside of Psych, research or lab work.

im interested in neuroscience and the biochemistry of the brain and nervous system, so far ive only thought about just the actual degree and not career prospects yet as im not sure where a degree in neuro can get me and not really sure about what kind of job id like
Reply 3
Honestly alot of jobs just need a degree, and with a science degree you open up a lot more doors. You could work in hospitals, schools, the prison system, most sectors.

Have a look at the British neuroscience association website.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending