Any thoughts of becoming a blogger?

Watch this thread
veebi99
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
In a world where everyone is a blogger, it's hard not to succumb to everyone and really become a blogger))
Crazy Jamie
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 months ago
At any given time there's always a desire to copy what you see others doing, whether it's short term trends or something more established. I can well imagine the draw to become a blogger, a vlogger, a YouTuber and so on. The one thing to always bear in mind with this sort of thing is that it is an absolutely tiny minority of people who do these things who become well known/famous and/or earn a living out of it, and generally speaking the draw to do the same thing comes in some way from the desire to do it sufficiently to be in one (or both) of those two positions. Most people who start blogging and similar activities with the aim of emulating people will not get very far at all before deciding to stop, because the reality is very different to the fantasy.

So my advice would be that if you do want to become a blogger, do it for one of two reasons. First because you are genuinely attracted to the idea of it and want to try it irrespective of the 'success' that you'll make of it. Or second because you want to aim for broader success and have an idea to blog about a topic that is either unusual in and of itself, or you believe you can blog in such a way to make yourself stand out. That is exceptionally difficult, so if that is your aim you need to properly plan for it (in much the same way you would plan to start a business) and be prepared to put in some significant time with it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (134)
66.34%
No (46)
22.77%
I didn't use it to prepare (22)
10.89%

Watched Threads