Going Cruelty Free

Watch this thread
AbiR912
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hello,
So I have been debating if I should become cruelty free. So one day while scrolling through tiktok I saw a certain video talking about how a certain brand of something wasn't cruelty free and I can curious so looked into the comments and saw some people mention this animation about animal testing, after watching, I then right of the bat decided to go cruelty free it was the quickest decision I have made on anything.
But I have been second guessing if I should go cruelty free because, this might be random but I have a autoimmune disease called celiac disease and its really taken a toll on with the restriction on what I can eat and even more so as it was completely sudden and random (it's hereditary but no one in my family has so it really was an unexpected change in my life.) And having to think about also restricting my skincare and everything really, it might sound dramatic but depressed kinda.
Another thing is I am not completely cruelty free only in skincare and I have researched about cruelty free makeup (I am a first year university student so I don't have the money to make everything I own cruelty free) so I feel like there is no point in being cruelty free.
Should I just try my best being cruelty free and if there is something that pops up I want to try that's not cruelty free should I just try it?
As I said before I am a uni student and I actually have never had proper skincare before so this is my first time buying it and I don't want to restrict myself but I feel really bad when I think about it using products that are not cruelty free before this (I really wanted to buy cerave I was like obsessed but then when I found out it wasn't cruelty free I was crushed. again I might be dramatic)
I apologise for the rant I just want to know what I should do and some tips. Please don't have a go at me for me so indecisive.
Thank You.
abi.0912
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 months ago
Hello,
So I have been debating if I should become cruelty free. So one day while scrolling through tiktok I saw a certain video talking about how a certain brand of something wasn't cruelty free and I can curious so looked into the comments and saw some people mention this animation about animal testing, after watching, I then right of the bat decided to go cruelty free it was the quickest decision I have made on anything.
But I have been second guessing if I should go cruelty free because, this might be random but I have a autoimmune disease called celiac disease and its really taken a toll on with the restriction on what I can eat and even more so as it was completely sudden and random (it's hereditary but no one in my family has so it really was an unexpected change in my life.) And having to think about also restricting my skincare and everything really, it might sound dramatic but depressed kinda.
Another thing is I am not completely cruelty free only in skincare and I have researched about cruelty free makeup (I am a first year university student so I don't have the money to make everything I own cruelty free) so I feel like there is no point in being cruelty free.
Should I just try my best being cruelty free and if there is something that pops up I want to try that's not cruelty free should I just try it?
As I said before I am a uni student and I actually have never had proper skincare before so this is my first time buying it and I don't want to restrict myself but I feel really bad when I think about it using products that are not cruelty free before this (I really wanted to buy cerave I was like obsessed but then when I found out it wasn't cruelty free I was crushed. again I might be dramatic)
I apologise for the rant I just want to know what I should do and some tips. Please don't have a go at me for me so indecisive.
Thank You.
Quint Jackson
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by AbiR912)
Hello,
Thank You.

The cruelty of humanity is sometimes shocking, and when I watch various videos about animal cruelty or animal testing of various drugs, I am surprised at how cruel people we are. On the site https://samploon.com/free-essays/animal-testing/ I have read several studies related to animal testing. These studies reveal many ethical questions, the pros and cons of animal testing.
I try to live in a way that minimizes or removes animal cruelty from my life.
Last edited by Quint Jackson; 3 months ago
Coventry University Student Ambassadors
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by AbiR912)
Hello,
Thank You.
Hello!

I am Sara, a student rep for Coventry University and I am cruelty free! I also get being on a tight budget so here is my advice!

First of all, it doesn't have to be expensive! I have really sensitive and dry skin and have found Superdrug's own brand skin care works wonders. Also, even if you currently have makeup and skin care that are not cruelty free, I recommend that you use them all before you buy new so it doesn't go to waste! The body shop and lush also have cruelty free makeup! There are loads of (budget friendly) brands that are cruelty free now, if there is a leaping bunny on the bottle it means they are.

I hope this reassures you that it can be easy and inexpensive!

Good luck,
Sara
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA Combined Science - Biology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (59)
34.91%
The paper was reasonable (67)
39.64%
Not feeling great about that exam... (27)
15.98%
It was TERRIBLE (16)
9.47%

Watched Threads