The Student Room Group

Pharmacy at University

I am applying to some foundations years for pharmacy because i’m only getting C in chemistry. I was wondering if someone could tell me if it is possible to go straight to 4 year MPharm if I do well in my actually exams through clearing.
Yes you can
Dmu and Wolverhampton usually go into clearing but there are also others
Most Pharmacy courses are now required to interview so this may limit the places in Clearing in 2022.
@McGinger thank you.
If you don't get the grades you need, think seriously about resitting rather than doing a Foundation course.
My friend wants to do a foundation year in pharmacy. Why do you advise against it ?
Reply 7
Original post by McGinger
If you don't get the grades you need, think seriously about resitting rather than doing a Foundation course.

Is foundation year hard?
Reply 8
Original post by Student5cience
Yes you can

Hi!!! I got my 2022 pharmacy offer from DMU a week ago and the offer states:
A minimum of 120 UCAS Tariff points from three GCE A levels or equivalen including B in Chemistry & at least one other Science subject.”

Can someone please tell me what this means!!!!!!
THANK U MUCH LOVE
Dmu and Wolverhampton usually go into clearing but there are also others

Many, many others now, 18 out of 30 schools were in clearing this summer.
30 years ago, you were lucky if you got Sunderland and Leicester polys.
Spending £9000 a year on a foundation pathway is an added debt on top of another 4 years of MPharm. Would be cheaper to resit an A level or even do an Access in Science.
Original post by anna0308
Is foundation year hard?

its university, not just one subject but all three bio maths chem maybe physics
if you need to bump one grade up just resit and reapply so youre not wasting a year of student finance funding
foundation years are aimed at students that dont have the required alevels for the course but want to study the course
resitting would be youre best option imo
@6kirstenm_ congrats!!! I applied there . When did you sit your interview? How long did they take to give you an offer?
@6kirstenm_ I applied last week of December the same as you I was lucky to have been invited for an interview in a few day’s. I did the interview on the first week of January, but I haven’t heard anything back. I have an offer from Aston. I’m not sure what to firm yet but I really like DMU and I hope they get back to me.
@6kristenm_ Offered me BBB . Future classmates ? 😂
Reply 16
@6kirstenm_ I applied last week of December the same as you I was lucky to have been invited for an interview in a few day’s. I did the interview on the first week of January, but I haven’t heard anything back. I have an offer from Aston. I’m not sure what to firm yet but I really like DMU and I hope they get back to me.

Hi! Congrats!! Ive got my interview next week wednesday with Aston. Any tips?
Original post by dav.dm
Hi! Congrats!! Ive got my interview next week wednesday with Aston. Any tips?

Do a reversal and interview them. Ask:-

1. what is the future of pharmacy with Bootz and lloydz closing a lot of branches.?
2. how will automation change pharmacy?
3. how govt reducing dispensing fees will impact on viability of pharmacy?
4. every plan to improve pharmacists so called "clinical roles" has failed, what can be done to change this?
5. wages for pharmacists have fallen over past 15 years. Ask them why this is happening and if they will reduce further with even more Uni's pumping out pharmacists than ever before over the past 15 years. Ask them if they have any idea if wages will increase again...?
6. Ask them which area of pharmacy they did/would work if they weren't lecturing and why and are they looking forward to going back to it?

They'll really be impressed about all the thought you've given to pharmacy and its future.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 18
Original post by faroba1074

1. what is the future of pharmacy with Bootz and lloydz closing a lot of branches.?
4. every plan to improve pharmacists so called "clinical roles" has failed, what can be done to change this?
5. wages for pharmacists have fallen over past 15 years. Ask them why this is happening and if they will reduce further with even more Uni's pumping out pharmacists than ever before over the past 15 years. Ask them if they have any idea if wages will increase again...?
6. Ask them which area of pharmacy they did/would work if they weren't lecturing and why and are they looking forward to going back to it?

They'll really be impressed about all the thought you've given to pharmacy and its future.

Thanks! Wish me luck :smile:
Original post by faroba1074

7. Ask them if they believe that they and other universities are guilty of deceiving students with exaggerated claims for the career prospects for Pharmacy graduates in order to fill their courses.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending