What's your 'God tier' advent calendar?

Watch this thread
BurstingBubbles
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
I've just bought myself a Lindt advent calendar (the one in the picture below) - this is me treating myself as I normally go for a Dairy Milk one, which is still good to be fair! I'm hoping the Lindt one lives up to expectation.

So what's the best, or 'God tier', advent calendar? And what's the worst?

Are you getting an advent calendar this year? Do you have to buy your own?

BurstingBubbles
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
I also saw another Lindt one for like double the cost, not sure what the difference is (just slightly bigger chocolates?), but I'm too cheap to have paid that much. Anyone had this one?

Last edited by BurstingBubbles; 6 months ago
Sabertooth
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
I have never had an advent calendar.
A Rolling Stone
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
one that has 25 not 24 bloody chocolates
AestheticStudying
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by BurstingBubbles)
I also saw another Lindt one for like double the cost, not sure what the difference is (just slightly bigger chocolates?), but I'm too cheap to have paid that much. Anyone had this one?

I had that one last year and honestly, it was worth it since u get a lot more of the chocolate bears and reindeers and a big bear at door 24 but the other one u showed is better value for money. Its only differences is that it is cheaper and it doesn't include the big chocolate bear but regardless Lindt advent calendars are top-notch :yep:

I'd also say Ferrero rocher advent calendars are good - I bought that one for this year :giggle:
skylark2
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
I saw a gorgeous one advertised on Facebook yesterday - it was all sorts of craft supplies, instructions and tools to make Christmas decorations and stocking fillers. I was really tempted.

It costs £175. I was not that tempted.
BurstingBubbles
Rep:
(Original post by AestheticStudying)
I had that one last year and honestly, it was worth it since u get a lot more of the chocolate bears and reindeers and a big bear at door 24 but the other one u showed is better value for money. Its only differences is that it is cheaper and it doesn't include the big chocolate bear but regardless Lindt advent calendars are top-notch :yep:

I'd also say Ferrero rocher advent calendars are good - I bought that one for this year :giggle:
Oh no I feel like I've made a mistake now. Next year though, or maybe just have two?

Ooh I love ferrero rocher :love:
BurstingBubbles
Rep:
(Original post by skylark2)
I saw a gorgeous one advertised on Facebook yesterday - it was all sorts of craft supplies, instructions and tools to make Christmas decorations and stocking fillers. I was really tempted.

It costs £175. I was not that tempted.
Oh yeah there are so many amazing non food ones too. I saw one on This Morning (I think it was) that was £20,000 and had like £24,000 worth of jewellery in it. Imagine spending that much. My £5 Lindt one felt expensive :lol:
AestheticStudying
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by BurstingBubbles)
Oh no I feel like I've made a mistake now. Next year though, or maybe just have two?

Ooh I love ferrero rocher :love:
Ah no no don't feel like u have! Both are wonderful :yep: - as an avid Lindt shopper I think all Lindt advent calendars are just perfect
I mean no one gonna stop u from getting two :giggle: (I might sneakily buy a second one - I saw a really nice green and blacks chocolate advent calendar the other day in Sainsbury's)

my whole family love Ferrero rocher (every family event there's always a box of them :lol: ) but I've really eaten them so maybe my advent calendar this year will make me a Ferrero rocher lover :giggle:
BurstingBubbles
Rep:
(Original post by AestheticStudying)
Ah no no don't feel like u have! Both are wonderful :yep: - as an avid Lindt shopper I think all Lindt advent calendars are just perfect
I mean no one gonna stop u from getting two :giggle: (I might sneakily buy a second one - I saw a really nice green and blacks chocolate advent calendar the other day in Sainsbury's)

my whole family love Ferrero rocher (every family event there's always a box of them :lol: ) but I've really eaten them so maybe my advent calendar this year will make me a Ferrero rocher lover :giggle:
Haha no I don't feel like I have to, it's just now it's been recommended I'm intrigued! Next year!

Ooh green and blacks is yummy (always feel like it's posh)?

Oh wow I wish we had that at family events, sounds amazing :lol:
artful_lounger
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
Most that I've had just had quite cheap/not great tasting chocolate in them tbh. Also since I'm not religious it always seemed a bit redundant for me, as I may as well just buy a box of chocolates of any kind and eat them instead
viktorismyplant
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
lmao i used to get those cadbury tower ones but i dont like many of the chocolates so now i get the harry potter lego ones :ahee:
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
This one is my and Mrs RC's usual -

Name:  300748.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  39.3 KB

My mother thinks this is atrocious because there aren't any bible readings behind the doors. :laugh:
Ambiguous Super
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by A Rolling Stone)
one that has 25 not 24 bloody chocolates
Love that 😹😹
Ambiguous Super
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Reality Check)

My mother thinks this is atrocious because there aren't any bible readings behind the doors. :laugh:
Loool, looks good 👍🏻
Smeraldettoi
Rep:
Report 6 months ago

Class
Reality Check
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Smeraldettoi)
Class
It's a very grown-up one, but sometimes I have a hankering for one of those lurid Cadbury's ones, with chocolates the shapes of santas and so-forth. :laugh: Still no bible readings behind the doors, though.
Smeraldettoi
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
It's a very grown-up one, but sometimes I have a hankering for one of those lurid Cadbury's ones, with chocolates the shapes of santas and so-forth. :laugh: Still no bible readings behind the doors, though.
It looks amazing, and I just buy one of those cheap Cadbury ones like a kid, it does pretty much the same job, the chocolate is just less luxuriant

https://healinghome.co/advent-calendar-bible-verses/

You can get custom made advent calendars with Bible references printed on them
Reality Check
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Smeraldettoi)
It looks amazing, and I just buy one of those cheap Cadbury ones like a kid, it does pretty much the same job, the chocolate is just less luxuriant

https://healinghome.co/advent-calendar-bible-verses/

You can get custom made advent calendars with Bible references printed on them
Thanks for that link I think the answer might be to have two advent calendars - one with the bible readings and one with the chocolates!
gjd800
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
24 pack of Guinness
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (62)
15.74%
The paper was reasonable (192)
48.73%
Not feeling great about that exam... (100)
25.38%
It was TERRIBLE (40)
10.15%

Watched Threads