The Student Room Group

Assignments

I need to write a blog for an assignment, any tips?
Original post by Alyssamilroy

Hi @Alyssamilroy, how are you?

I’m Konnie, a postgraduate Creative Writing student at De Montfort University. 😊

Studying a Creative Writing degree, I see lots of different blog posts. Each and every blog post is different, but I think the one thing that is universal is that each one has its own style, and you can see some of the personality of the writer within it. In my opinion, I think it’s always nice to have a blog post written in a unique, individual voice.

I would also highly recommend doing some research to see how other people approach blog posts with a similar subject matter to yours. You’ll often notice that they seem to have a certain structure, which you can use to inspire your own post!

Hope this helps!

Good luck,

Konnie 😊
Original post by Alyssamilroy

Hi @Alyssamilroy

In my undergrad (History) I had to write an academic blog post. The advice we were given was that it should be concise - get straight to the point as the limited word counts doesn't allow you to waste your words. The blog should also be engaging, so if you can uses pictures/images that is always a positive. Even though it is a blog you should still use formal/academic language (so no contractions for example), and you should reference your sources should you use any.

I hope this helps, good luck!

Grace :smile:
BA History
MA Nineteenth Century Studies (History and English Literature)

Quick Reply

Latest