Quitting Domino's after 1 week. HELP NEEDED

Watch this thread
robby71303
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
So quite embarrassingly I am looking to quit my new delivery driver job at Domino's after just one week and need some advice.

For some context, I am currently in my final year at university and I have a health condition that unfortunately worsens with movement so I am limited to low impact exercise and must take things easy. I am in the process of trying to save up money for treatment for my condition and I figured that Domino's delivery would be an easy, laid back job that I can do easily in my car. With my condition, I am able to drive but I think I realise now that perhaps I am pushing myself too far as my symptoms (which are neurological) have flared significantly after just one week at Domino's. This has affected my ability to study this week to a large extent and I don't want this to impact my degree further.

So bearing this in mind, how do you guys think I should approach quitting? Should I hand in a notice? Should I let them know about my health condition when I quit? Does anybody know the notice period for Domino's? Will I get the pay I've made so far? It is a real shame because everybody at my store is fantastic and have been very welcoming from the get go.

This would've been the perfect job for me but I have stupidly overestimated my ability to carry out the job without flaring my symptoms significantly. It sounds weird but driving around even just for 5 hours can have a big impact on my symptoms (spine and neurological related) as the bumps in the road cause my spine to move around too much!

This is completely my fault and I should've realized this before getting the job but to be honest I thought I'd be able to cope with it. Now I feel like I've just messed Domino's around and shouldn't have applied in the first place. Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Last edited by robby71303; 5 months ago
Joleee
Badges: 19
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 months ago
Look in your contract to see the notice you need to give. If you've been in your job for less than a month, you don't have to give notice unless the contract or terms and conditions require you to.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/wo...hen-resigning/

if you're not required to give notice i would still work any shifts that are already scheduled for you (but that's just me). re your health i imagine it will naturally come up in conversation when you tell your manager as you'll probably just feel obligated to give reasons. sorry to hear the job didn't work out.
robby71303
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
(Original post by Joleee)
Look in your contract to see the notice you need to give. If you've been in your job for less than a month, you don't have to give notice unless the contract or terms and conditions require you to.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/wo...hen-resigning/

if you're not required to give notice i would still work any shifts that are already scheduled for you (but that's just me). re your health i imagine it will naturally come up in conversation when you tell your manager as you'll probably just feel obligated to give reasons. sorry to hear the job didn't work out.
Ok thanks very much Joleee, will check my contract and have a look to see what the notice period is (if there is one).

I think I'll finish the shifts I have assigned (I've got three this weekend) and then quit like you say.

Do you reckon I should let them know I'm quitting on Friday which is my first shift on the weekend? Could make the other shifts a bit awkward.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel GCSE Maths Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (40)
16.95%
The paper was reasonable (94)
39.83%
Not feeling great about that exam... (51)
21.61%
It was TERRIBLE (51)
21.61%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed