Hiow123
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
If you get accepted into med school do you have to go straight away or are you allowed to tell them that you want a gap year?
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Hiow123)
If you get accepted into med school do you have to go straight away or are you allowed to tell them that you want a gap year?
Depends on the med school, the chances are you would be expected to start at the year that you applied for.

After all, if you wanted to take a gap year you could have stated this when you applied (ask for deferred entry).
Last edited by ecolier; 1 week ago
Angiogram1
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
You can ask them (assume you have already applied otherwise you just request deferred entry on the application) - they don’t have to accept your request as it would depend on number of others who also want to defer. Some unis maybe more flexible and certainly they usually have a cut off date for applying
Hiow123
Rep:
(Original post by ecolier)
Depends on the med school, the chances are you would be expected to start at the year that you applied for.

After all, if you wanted to take a gap year you could have stated this when you applied (ask for deferred entry).
Thank you so much!!!!!!!
Hiow123
Rep:
(Original post by Angiogram1)
You can ask them (assume you have already applied otherwise you just request deferred entry on the application) - they don’t have to accept your request as it would depend on number of others who also want to defer. Some unis maybe more flexible and certainly they usually have a cut off date for applying
Thank you !!!!!!!
Hiow123
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 hours ago
When you apply for medicine, do you get accepted first and then ask for gap year or do you say you want a gap year BEFORE you apply ( etc in the interview or application)
ecolier
Rep:
Report 3 hours ago
When you apply for medicine, do you get accepted first and then ask for gap year or do you say you want a gap year BEFORE you apply ( etc in the interview or application)
Before you apply.

It's called a "deferred entry" usually.

P.S. Is there a problem with the answers above? It's against TSR rules to double post.
Last edited by ecolier; 3 hours ago
Hiow123
Rep:
Before you apply.

P.S. Is there a problem with the answers above? It's against TSR rules to double post.
Thank you!! Sorry I think it was a glitch I’ll delete it right now!
Hiow123
Rep:
Before you apply.

Oh I realised I forgot that I posted this before I’m sorry 😭😭😭
ecolier
Rep:
Report 3 hours ago
Oh I realised I forgot that I posted this before I’m sorry 😭😭😭
DW it's fine, happens to all of us :lol:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (137)
33.83%
Yes - a trusted person (107)
26.42%
No (109)
26.91%
I'm not sure (52)
12.84%

Watched Threads