Needing help on Business Degree - Operations and Stratgy Essay

Watch this thread
CharlotteA380
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Hi Guys, I’m really struggling on understanding the assignment brief. I’m in my third year of a business management degree this is under the operations and strategy module. I’m not sure how to even get started. Ive looked at Bartlett & Ghoshal strategy but I’m not sure which the vaccine comes under. Ive attached the brief below. I would appreciate any help I’m really really struggling.

Thank you so much in adnace

Using the case of Sputnik V Covid-19 vaccine, develop an internationalisation strategy centred on lobbying that could be adopted by the Russian Direct Investment Fund (RDIF), the government-backed investment fund driving internationalisation of Sputnik V, to penetrate the EU common market. Your internationalisation strategy should consider how regulatory and political difficulties may impact on market entry.

The essay asks you to develop an internationalisation strategy for a Sputnik V vaccine. Therefore, you need to consider the following in your essay:

a) Outline the most appropriate internationalisation strategy suitable for Sputnik V’s expansion into the EU based on the nature of the product and the industry conditions.
b) Evaluate market (competitive) and non-market (political) factors to draw conclusions whether and how they assist or impede Sputnik V’s internationalisation into the EU.
c) Discuss lobbying tactics/strategies that can be employed by RDIF to penetrate the EU market. Justify your choices with reference to the EU’s unique lobbying context.

The Sputnik V vaccine, which has been the subject of scepticism since Russia began using it last year before trials had ended, is 91.6% effective against symptomatic Covid according to data published in one of the world’s leading medical journals”

“Sputnik V has been given regulatory approval in 16 countries so far including Hungary, which broke ranks with the EU last month by becoming the first bloc member to approve it. The latest data have been submitted to the European regulator for review”

“The German government signalled anew on Tuesday that it was prepared to offer Sputnik V to its citizens if it passed relevant clinical trials. Last month Angela Merkel, the German chancellor, said the national body responsible for approving vaccines – the Paul Ehrlich Institute – would assist Sputnik V makers in applying for EU regulatory approval”

(Guardian, 2021, https://www.theguardian.com/society/...trial-suggests)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (16)
28.57%
Take a gap year (14)
25%
Resit my exams (9)
16.07%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (7)
12.5%
I don't know yet (7)
12.5%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
5.36%

Watched Threads