The Student Room Group

M&S Graduate Scheme 2022

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dee789
hi, this is strange. I didn't receive an email to send my portfolio. I now have to complete the video interview

Hi,

It was requested after I completed my video interview! So there may be a chance that afterwards they will request it.
Reply 61
Original post by snappy2001
Hi, I got invited for the online interview for Product Managment grad scheme, has anyone done these and know what questions will be asked?

Hi, how did the interview go for the product role? What were the questions like?
I just got my invitation today! Have you heard back yet?
Hey guys, I applied for the UX design scheme and I've just been asked to submit a portfolio. I'm so confused though because there was nothing online saying that this would be a requirement. I'm a psychology graduate so I don't have a portfolio - I thought this scheme was open to people of all disciplines and they didn't say they were looking for particular skills or expertise in any area :frown: now I have no idea what I can submit other than some research papers I did for my degree which at least is somewhat research based... but I have no design experience - is anyone else in the same boat??
Reply 63
Original post by NicB2670
Hey guys, I applied for the UX design scheme and I've just been asked to submit a portfolio. I'm so confused though because there was nothing online saying that this would be a requirement. I'm a psychology graduate so I don't have a portfolio - I thought this scheme was open to people of all disciplines and they didn't say they were looking for particular skills or expertise in any area :frown: now I have no idea what I can submit other than some research papers I did for my degree which at least is somewhat research based... but I have no design experience - is anyone else in the same boat??

Hi! I’m on the same boat!
I emailed the early career team on Monday. They replied me earlier today saying one of the recruiters will get in touch with me soon

I think because it's UX "design" they are requesting a portfolio - as prototyping, mockups, presentation of ideas will be included in the discipline. Perhaps if it was UX research then they wouldn't request one. This is all just my assumptions though - they may get back to you and say there is the option to enter the scheme in a research position and learn the design aspect (if needed)
Original post by cliu06
Hi! I’m on the same boat!
I emailed the early career team on Monday. They replied me earlier today saying one of the recruiters will get in touch with me soon

Thank god it's not just me. Let me know what they say when they get back to you pleasee!! I emailed them today but they'll likely get back to you first
Original post by Yasaminahh
I think because it's UX "design" they are requesting a portfolio - as prototyping, mockups, presentation of ideas will be included in the discipline. Perhaps if it was UX research then they wouldn't request one. This is all just my assumptions though - they may get back to you and say there is the option to enter the scheme in a research position and learn the design aspect (if needed)

That's weird though because they didn't say in the advert that they were looking for graduates from particular backgrounds... and I don't know why they would read my CV and put me through online tests and a video interview knowing that I don't have a background in design if it was a requirement. So confusedddd.
That's weird though because they didn't say in the advert that they were looking for graduates from particular backgrounds... and I don't know why they would read my CV and put me through online tests and a video interview knowing that I don't have a background in design if it was a requirement. So confusedddd.

To be fair a portfolio can pertain to anything really. Especially case studies you may have done in psychology - maybe it doesn't need to be "design" based :confused:. So, I think they are open to people from all backgrounds- but as I said, I'm unsure!
Reply 68
Thank god it's not just me. Let me know what they say when they get back to you pleasee!! I emailed them today but they'll likely get back to you first

No problem I’ll keep you posted!
Reply 69
Has anybody done an interview or an assessment centre for product graduate scheme?
Reply 70
Hey, have you heard anything else since you messaged? I applied for the Data Science scheme as well and haven't heard back since December as well
Reply 71
Original post by FreShaVacado14
Hi!!

I did my video interview a couple of months ago but for a different scheme, so I’m not too sure how accurate this will be for your specific scheme.

But for me it was 5 questions. For each question you have about a minute or so to read the question and practice, then it records you straight after that practice. To answer you have about 2 minutes but if I remember correctly you have 3-4 chances to re-do your answer (for each question). So if you get overwhelmed and feel like you might have messed up on your first try, don’t worry you have another chance and each time it gives you the practice time again.

For the 5 questions itself, from what I remember there were mainly situational/STAR questions e.g., ‘describe a time when you had to work with a limited budget…’, ‘when have you worked as a team…’etc.

My advice would be to take the time beforehand to do your research, prepare possible answers and practice them looking directly at your webcam (and not yourself on the screen). And lastly to just close your eyes and take a deep breath before starting your VI.

I hope that was helpful to you and anyone else reading and worrying about the VI like I was.

The best of luck to you :smile:

Hi, thank you so much for this!! I was thinking of typical questions like why M&S, why this specific grad scheme? and why me
Will do :smile:
thank you!!!
Original post by Dee789
Hi, thank you so much for this!! I was thinking of typical questions like why M&S, why this specific grad scheme? and why me
Will do :smile:
thank you!!!

You’re welcome!!

Yes, It’s not those kind of questions yet. Those are usually for the final interview/assessment centre, so prepare for those later on :thumbsup:
Reply 73

hi, is this after the video interview? I also applied for this scheme I completed the online tests and now I have to complete the video interview but no one emailed me about a portfolio

Also same here! i only have a pdf portfolio that I created during my masters and my disso which is research and design
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 74
Original post by Posh 97
Hi Guys,

Is there anyone in assessment centre on 9th february 2022?

hey, how was the AC? I'm assuming it was virtual. I heard how there are 3 stages to it? presentation, group, and interview?
Original post by Posh 97
Hi Guys,

Is there anyone in assessment centre on 9th february 2022?

Hey, I have an assesment centre for Product om the 15th of Feb. Could you please tell me some insight or advice for the AC?
Reply 76
Hey, I have an assesment centre for Product om the 15th of Feb. Could you please tell me some insight or advice for the AC?

hey, do you have to prepare a presentation? did they send you a schedule? how many activities?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Dee789
hi, is this after the video interview? I also applied for this scheme I completed the online tests and now I have to complete the video interview but no one emailed me about a portfolio

Also same here! i only have a pdf portfolio that I created during my masters and my disso which is research and design

Hey, yeah they emailed me about it a couple days after I submitted my video interview.

Oh well that seems relevant! Sounds better than what I've got haha

Hi! Good luck with your AC on the 15th.

How long before did they email you with all the info? How many days prep do you get?
Thank you! So nervous it’s my first AC. They emailed me yesterday. So not many days

Quick Reply

Latest