Possible to get offers with low predicted?

Watch
strangledleaf
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
My predicted grades are all Cs pretty much (might be able to move one up to a B) but the unis I’m applying for mainly require ABB. Do you think I could still get offers from them despite my low predicteds?
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by strangledleaf)
My predicted grades are all Cs pretty much (might be able to move one up to a B) but the unis I’m applying for mainly require ABB. Do you think I could still get offers from them despite my low predicteds?
Hi!
It really depends on the uni's and courses you are applying to. Some may give you an offer but it is likely that some may also not. I would suggest applying for 1 or 2 of them as aspirational choices and then maybe looking at other uni's that require lower grades as a safe option. Most people apply to an aspirational choice which is higher than their predicted grades, as well as an option that meets their grades and an option that is lower than them as a back up choice.
Hope this helps!
Michaela - UoP Rep
McGinger
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Exceedingly unlikely - and even if you do, they will want ABB in August and you are clearly not working anywhere near that level.
You might get offers from BBB/BBC Unis but anywhere asking for even one A grade will probably give you a swift rejection.
emily.11111
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by McGinger)
Exceedingly unlikely - and even if you do, they will want ABB in August and you are clearly not working anywhere near that level.
You might get offers from BBB/BBC Unis but anywhere asking for even one A grade will probably give you a swift rejection.
"you are clearly not working anywhere near that level" i think an individual should not be judged on what grade they are working towards with the predicted grades their teacher has given them from year 12 results. please do not assume what level they are working towards as you do not know them personally.
mike23mike
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
no
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by emily.11111)
"you are clearly not working anywhere near that level" i think an individual should not be judged on what grade they are working towards with the predicted grades their teacher has given them from year 12 results. please do not assume what level they are working towards as you do not know them personally.
The evidence suggests there is not likely to be a great improvement. In exam years 75% of students dont achieve their predicted grades and only 9% exceed them. If a teacher felt someone was working at the higher grade they would predict them.
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by emily.11111)
Teachers nearly always predict on the generous side - in the school I work in it is described this way by the headteacher - "predict what they could achieve on a good day".
booklover1313
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by strangledleaf)
If you think that you will be able to get ABB grades when you do the exams, then take a gap year and apply with your results. It is very unlikely that unis would offer you if you are predicted ABB. But you should trust the judgement of your school and teachers, if they think you are at CCC, then have a look at unis with entry requirements suitable for that.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (3)
7.32%
Okay (16)
39.02%
A bit lacking (11)
26.83%
Not good at all (11)
26.83%

Watched Threads