Is it weird to collect baby clothes?

Watch
DiamondDia
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I’m 19, have no kids, not expecting any for quite a while but I find baby clothes so cute. Is it weird to start collecting them even if you don’t have any?

Edit: since people think I’m a weirdo (I promise I’m not). I’m a girl and plan to have kids soon but not now of course, and wanted to start buying baby clothes in preparation and store them away for when I actually need them, but I guess everyone interpreted this very differently lmao, I promise I’m not like a creep who has some kinda baby clothing fantasy/fetish, I just want kids someday, that’s it.
Last edited by DiamondDia; 3 weeks ago
artful_lounger
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 weeks ago
Does give off some Norman Bates vibes for me personally if you don't have nor are planning to have children soon...
Mesopotamian.
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
That is quite strange, yes.
eternaldevotiion
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
eh kinda but i mean you do you
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
Not if you have a lot of interest in fashion, plans to work within the babywear industry or are in the habit of starting collections of different things (stamps/postcards/recipe books/movie memorabilia).

But if you are in the habit of collecting either wedding dresses or babywear- keep it quiet and ensure that the collections remain out of sight to visitors.
I know a few single models who collect wedding dresses but have never been married or engaged.
Their wedding dress collections are massive, with some beautiful items by very expensive designers but the atmosphere of the room where the collection is stored feels very weird.
I try to avoid visiting because it can be quite creepy.
Deepisingh
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
Yes it's weird
kaizagill
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
Yes some how it's weird
username5862010
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
It’s weird unless you’re collecting them because you plan to have kids soon and think they would cute on them

It’s sad to collect them if you’re only pining for it but have no plans or real prospects. Like the wedding dress thing someone else mentioned
ah6100tsr
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
Depends on how others interpret it. Do your own thing, I don't think it's weird. Just don't try putting them on and you're good.
I want food
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
I mean yes baby clothes are cute but it is a bit weird to collect them
Last edited by I want food; 3 weeks ago
DiamondDia
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by ah6100tsr)
Depends on how others interpret it. Do your own thing, I don't think it's weird. Just don't try putting them on and you're good.
😭😭 lmao, this and your profil pic is killing me
Last edited by DiamondDia; 3 weeks ago
skylark2
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
I know lots of people who make baby clothes because they think they're cute (and quick, and don't need large quantities of materials) - I've done it myself when I didn't actually have a baby to wear them. Most people who do this donate them to hospitals or charities.

It's also not a million miles from people whose hobby revolves around those "reborn" dolls.

Weird? Not any more than any other collecting hobby. A bit unusual maybe.
0ptics
Badges: 18
Report 3 weeks ago
Don’t care enough to formulate an opinion. Seriously, just do whatever you want and enjoy.
ah6100tsr
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by DiamondDia)
😭😭 lmao, this and your profil pic is killing me
The guy looks proper scrumptious leave his lusciousness alone.
R_A07
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
i guess ur just planning ahead and u get excitedd dw as a girl i get it but actually buying it ...........no words:eek:
jenerous
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
I don't think it's weird. I find baby clothes extremely cute too, and would probably buy them myself, but that would just be a waste of money for me, so I don't. You do you.
People collect the most random things anyway.
kaizagill
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Baby clothes are sooooooo cuteee
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you find most difficult about revising?

Prioritising what to revise (24)
9.88%
Remembering what was covered in lessons (10)
4.12%
Finding the time to revise (15)
6.17%
Finding the motivation (65)
26.75%
Getting distracted (45)
18.52%
Procrastination (81)
33.33%
Having the tools you need (1)
0.41%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
0.82%

Watched Threads