hapiolen
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I just saw the grades needed to do medicine .

im doing a btec level 3 extended diploma in applied science(biomedical) and the requirement for it is DDM(how realistic is that , to get a ddm in btec and do medicine)

but also i saw this there:

Applicants must meet widening participation criteria as well as the academic entry requirements. Please see the link below for further information.
https://www.keele.ac.uk/medicine/mbc...arformedicine/

what does widening participation mean and how do i know i qualify for it

i do get bursary and free schools meals as i only live with my mom and sibilings. and yearly income is low

so if i didn't qualify for widening participation i wouldn't get a place ?
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by hapiolen)
...what does widening participation mean and how do i know i qualify for it
It literally says if you scroll down further in there: https://www.keele.ac.uk/medicine/und...oundationyear/

(Under essential requirements)

Widening participation refers to things like "living in a deprived area", "parents didn't go to university" etc.

so if i didn't qualify for widening participation i wouldn't get a place ?
Well these courses are made for students with widening participation criteria. If you don't meet them you wouldn't even be considered.
hapiolen
Rep:
(Original post by ecolier)
It literally says if you scroll down further in there: https://www.keele.ac.uk/medicine/und...oundationyear/

(Under essential requirements)

Widening participation refers to things like "living in a deprived area", "parents didn't go to university" etc.

Well these courses are made for students with widening participation criteria. If you don't meet them you wouldn't even be considered.
Would you know what "Attended a non-selective maintained school for GCSEs and A levels" means ?

"Attended a school with an [color=var(--secondary)]attainment 8 score[/color] below national average (level set on an annual basis)"

Also my secondary school currently hasnt got a ofsted rating ? Because it has turned into a academy

Would it be the current ofsted rating of the college or the rating of it when i attended (it was 4 inadequate)

Also i qualify for the 2nd section as i had bursary and free school meals in secondary .( how would i give evidence that i had free school meals in secondary ?)
Last edited by hapiolen; 3 weeks ago
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by hapiolen)
Would you know what "Attended a non-selective maintained school for GCSEs and A levels" means ?

"Attended a school with an [color=var(--secondary)]attainment 8 score[/color] below national average (level set on an annual basis)"

Also my secondary school currently hasnt got a ofsted rating ? Because it has turned into a academy

Would it be the current ofsted rating of the college or the rating of it when i attended (it was 4 inadequate)

Also i qualify for the 2nd section as i had bursary and free school meals in secondary .( how would i give evidence that i had free school meals in secondary ?)
You'd need to check with Keele Uni, hopefully they will be fine with what you said.
hapiolen
Rep:
(Original post by ecolier)
You'd need to check with Keele Uni, hopefully they will be fine with what you said.
ill just send them a email . if i qualify then this is the uni i wanna go .
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you find most difficult about revising?

Prioritising what to revise (10)
10.64%
Remembering what was covered in lessons (1)
1.06%
Finding the time to revise (7)
7.45%
Finding the motivation (24)
25.53%
Getting distracted (14)
14.89%
Procrastination (37)
39.36%
Having the tools you need (0)
0%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.06%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed