The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Commuting to University

I reside in Milton Keynes, and hope to attend either Birmingham, Warwick or Queen Mary University of London - however I'm really worried about travelling there using public transport. Im not experienced with it at all, and I'm not sure if financially its suitable for me, is there anyone in a similar position or is able to offer some advice?
Original post by bigschunks08
I reside in Milton Keynes, and hope to attend either Birmingham, Warwick or Queen Mary University of London - however I'm really worried about travelling there using public transport. Im not experienced with it at all, and I'm not sure if financially its suitable for me, is there anyone in a similar position or is able to offer some advice?

Why don't you drive there?
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Original post by Beerman2021
Why don't you drive there?

Yeah im currently taking driving lessons, but ngl I don't see myself passing anytime soon
Yeah im currently taking driving lessons, but ngl I don't see myself passing anytime soon

Live in halls - the train isn't direct and is expensive.
Original post by Muttley79
Live in halls - the train isn't direct and is expensive.

Yeah my parents have kind of cockblocked me there too

I saw you said you don't know if it's financially suitable for you so are you sure you can afford university? It's just you can't afford a train or bus fair and that's not expensive
Yeah my parents have kind of cockblocked me there too

No - you will be 18 - commuting is not possible to these unis. Get school involved - your degree will suffer if you attempt this - the railway line from MK is one of the most expensive ...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending