Jammydodger39
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
We have co ordinators that work with students with sen adjustments. I have to send about 6 of my lessons to them a week. Im an ECT and I find atm things are hectic we do assessments every 3 weeks so there’s constantly marking then mocks have just been finished by KS4 plus ks5 marking. I’m drowning in work. I have now started sending the lessons on the day they’re due to the co ordinators at the start of the day because I go home and plan.

Is this bad? They’re not teachers they just differentiate and do the lesson
ThursdaysChild22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 weeks ago
Well, would you want to receive lesson resources that you had to differentiate and deliver on the same day, or would you appreciate having those resources at least a day in advance?
LiamWhiteRose
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
"Is this bad? They’re not teachers they just differentiate and do the lesson"

So because they're not 'teachers' (though sounds like they are, whether or not that is their title), it doesn't matter when they get the work or how it may impact a particularly vulnerable group of students, if the work hasn't been differentiated appropriately (which, as above, would be the case if they're only receiving it on the day)?
Jammydodger39
Rep:
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by LiamWhiteRose)
"Is this bad? They’re not teachers they just differentiate and do the lesson"

So because they're not 'teachers' (though sounds like they are, whether or not that is their title), it doesn't matter when they get the work or how it may impact a particularly vulnerable group of students, if the work hasn't been differentiated appropriately (which, as above, would be the case if they're only receiving it on the day)?
Had a chat with them and the HOD since. They have the lessons on file anyway so said they’re not fussed as long as they can see what exactly I want done and the LO. They said they’re completely happy having it either first thing or a hour before the allotted time

Also I have no issues whatsoever if they’re not teachers I meant in the sense of they specifically focus on differentiation. I’m the last person to care about rankings or being a teacher because they know a hell of a lot more than me and could hands down do my job ten times over because they’ve got way more classroom experience than mr
Last edited by Jammydodger39; 2 weeks ago
ThursdaysChild22
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
If they have the lessons on file, why do you need to send them at all? Doesn’t make sense.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (37)
9.61%
Okay (112)
29.09%
A bit lacking (145)
37.66%
Not good at all (91)
23.64%

Watched Threads