Armaan247
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I am doing the BTEC extended diploma in IT and would like to know if they will cancel my exams due to the pandemic. I have two exams taking place currently in January unit 11 - cyber security and unit 14 IT service delivery

Do you guys think exams will be cancelled in January and that we do teacher assessed grades instead?
Last edited by Armaan247; 2 weeks ago
bamtutor
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Armaan247)
I am doing the BTEC extended diploma in IT and would like to know if they will cancel my exams due to the pandemic. I have two exams taking place currently in January unit 11 - cyber security and unit 14 IT service delivery

Do you guys think exams will be cancelled in January and that we do teacher assessed grades instead?
At the moment all exams are planned to go ahead. In the 'slim chance' they are cancelled perhaps due to another national lockdown, then teacher grades may be used. Teachers will set a mock exam to determine this, so you should continue revising as normal.
Armaan247
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by bamtutor)
At the moment all exams are planned to go ahead. In the 'slim chance' they are cancelled perhaps due to another national lockdown, then teacher grades may be used. Teachers will set a mock exam to determine this, so you should continue revising as normal.
Thank you for letting me know about the situation and advise to carry on revising I will stick to that incase exams resume
bamtutor
Rep:
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by 794Larissa)
I think my exam is being cancelled in January I’m with pearson
Who told you this and which subject? At the moment, all Pearson exams are still planned to go ahead as normal.
bamtutor
Rep:
Report 2 days ago
794Larissa If you are a second year student and were suposed to have sat the exam last year, then a UTAG will be given. If you are unhappy with the grade then you can resit this coming January. If however, you are supposed to be sitting the exam this year for the first time, then UTAGs will not be given and the exams are going ahead as normal. IF, due to recent Covid changes, there is a lockdown and/ or learners are isolating and miss the exams, then a Contingency plan will be followed by Ofqual / Pearson (it has not yet been announced as to what this will be, but likely some sort of UTAG).
Last edited by bamtutor; 2 days ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (22)
8.87%
Okay (72)
29.03%
A bit lacking (93)
37.5%
Not good at all (61)
24.6%

Watched Threads