Worried about my Ucas application

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Im panicking because I have now submitted my Ucas application to my school so I can no longer change it. I put in the support section that I have a possible diagnosis of autism and have struggled with anxiety in the past. However, I am not formally diagnosed with either of these conditions and didn't want to put it in but my parents made me. I went to the doctor a couple of weeks ago and he has put me on the list for a diagnosis but it will take a couple of years and I might not ever get one. I am terrified that by putting it on my application I am lying/being misleading and I should not have put it on at all. I am also worried that the school will see it and make me take it off/talk to me about it since I have never said anything about it before (do they even have a right to know?). What should I do I am terrified please help lol
catiie
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Im panicking because I have now submitted my Ucas application to my school so I can no longer change it. I put in the support section that I have a possible diagnosis of autism and have struggled with anxiety in the past. However, I am not formally diagnosed with either of these conditions and didn't want to put it in but my parents made me. I went to the doctor a couple of weeks ago and he has put me on the list for a diagnosis but it will take a couple of years and I might not ever get one. I am terrified that by putting it on my application I am lying/being misleading and I should not have put it on at all. I am also worried that the school will see it and make me take it off/talk to me about it since I have never said anything about it before (do they even have a right to know?). What should I do I am terrified please help lol
They don’t see that part of your application until they have already offered a place! They also would have no right to see your medical history to ‘check’ a diagnosis anyway, not that they would if they could. Don’t worry at all ❤️❤️ You’ll be okay
username4933106
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 weeks ago
Ask ur school to send u back
catiie
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Thestudent107SWC)
Ask ur school to send u back
Yeah if your school haven't sent it off to UCAS ask your school to send it back and then you can change it
Interea
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
From the uni point of view, it will just put you on a list for the uni disability services to contact you for more information - at that point they may be able to offer you nothing (since you have no formal diagnosis or evidence), but it may be that they can offer you some support regardless.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by catiie)
Yeah if your school haven't sent it off to UCAS ask your school to send it back and then you can change it
Im too embarrassed to do that and they might have already seen
Anonymous #1
(Original post by catiie)
They don’t see that part of your application until they have already offered a place! They also would have no right to see your medical history to ‘check’ a diagnosis anyway, not that they would if they could. Don’t worry at all ❤️❤️ You’ll be okay
The school checks your whole application though and im worried that i shouldn't have said anything at all
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (37)
9.61%
Okay (112)
29.09%
A bit lacking (145)
37.66%
Not good at all (91)
23.64%

Watched Threads