Pembroke College Cambridge 2022 Applicants Thread

Watch this thread
S9123
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hi,
I have not seen anyone start a thread for Pembroke College Cambridge so I made this . What did you all apply for? How did you find the admissions exam? Heard back from them?
fluffycats2004
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by S9123)
Hi,
I have not seen anyone start a thread for Pembroke College Cambridge so I made this . What did you all apply for? How did you find the admissions exam? Heard back from them?
Hi!
I applied for English - the admissions exam was okay - didn’t like it at first but managed to create some sort of answer!
I haven’t heard anything about interviews yet
S9123
Rep:
(Original post by fluffycats2004)
Hi!
I applied for English - the admissions exam was okay - didn’t like it at first but managed to create some sort of answer!
Hi,
Nice! Glad to hear that the exam went fairly smoothly. I applied for Engineering - the admission exam went better than I think it would.
I haven't heard anything back yet either, but will most likely know if I have been shortlisted next week! I wish you the best of luck!
fluffycats2004
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by S9123)
Hi,
Nice! Glad to hear that the exam went fairly smoothly. I applied for Engineering - the admission exam went better than I think it would.
I haven't heard anything back yet either, but will most likely know if I have been shortlisted next week! I wish you the best of luck!
Ah that’s great! I’m glad it went okay.
Thank you so much - you too! Let me know if you do get an interview - I’m sure you will
tjh29
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
Hi!
Hey, I also applied for English! I’m interested to know which two pieces you picked for the ELAT and what kind of answer you put together, writing about gardens wasn’t exactly a field of expertise of mine! I also think I put together an interesting answer about it, although upon reflection I can see the easy holes to pick it apart
fluffycats2004
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by tjh29)
Hey, I also applied for English! I’m interested to know which two pieces you picked for the ELAT and what kind of answer you put together, writing about gardens wasn’t exactly a field of expertise of mine! I also think I put together an interesting answer about it, although upon reflection I can see the easy holes to pick it apart
Hey! I picked the burning leaves one and the text about the gardeners apprentice I think - where it had things about the Garden of Eden etc. I spoke about the inevitability of cycles of nature and linked it to humanity - sort of like linking the garden to elements of human nature in that way! How about you? And how are you feeling about the whole process - hopefully we get to hear back about interviews soon!
tjh29
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
Hey! I picked the burning leaves one and the text about the gardeners apprentice I think - where it had things about the Garden of Eden etc. I spoke about the inevitability of cycles of nature and linked it to humanity - sort of like linking the garden to elements of human nature in that way! How about you? And how are you feeling about the whole process - hopefully we get to hear back about interviews soon!
Ahh I picked F as well; I feel like I was the only one who picked A&F, with A being about the landscaper at the rich guy’s house - talking about picturesque landscaping.

That’s such a cool approach though! I did something similar linking humanity and nature but I basically said the concept of a garden is flawed in that in trying to ‘capture’ nature you lose an inherent part of it, it’s transience etc, that the garden cannot capture nature to it’s true beauty. I felt it was a massive stretch and so pretentious but it’s fine we move lol.

As for the whole process, I’m not expecting an interview tbh, my written work was late and sub-par so I really don’t think they’ll take that too kindly. I hope it was all okay for you though! I presume we’ll find out in the next day or so.
Last edited by tjh29; 5 months ago
Engz
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
Ah that’s great! I’m glad it went okay.
Thank you so much - you too! Let me know if you do get an interview - I’m sure you will
Engineering here as well . Getting very nervous - you heard anything yet ?
Last edited by Engz; 5 months ago
s8520
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
hey, I’ve applied to Pembroke for natural sciences!
Engz
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by s8520)
hey, I’ve applied to Pembroke for natural sciences!
That’s great ! I hope you get an interview - they seemed to say they would let us know by this Monday for engineering . Worried that I have heard nothing yet but there isn’t any eng or Natsci offers from Pembroke by the looks of it
s8520
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Engz)
That’s great ! I hope you get an interview - they seemed to say they would let us know by this Monday for engineering . Worried that I have heard nothing yet but there isn’t any eng or Natsci offers from Pembroke by the looks of it
I know yeah, they said to email if u hadn’t heard by mon so I might email mon evening if I haven’t got anything yet😬…yh idk anyone else whose got an interview for Pembroke natsci/Eng yet
AidenStonehouse
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by s8520)
I know yeah, they said to email if u hadn’t heard by mon so I might email mon evening if I haven’t got anything yet😬…yh idk anyone else whose got an interview for Pembroke natsci/Eng yet
I haven't heard from Pembroke either, we will hopefully hear tomorrow.
Engz
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by AidenStonehouse)
I haven't heard from Pembroke either, we will hopefully hear tomorrow.
What are your predictions and how did you find the ENGAA ?
S9123
Rep:
(Original post by Engz)
Engineering here as well . Getting very nervous - you heard anything yet ?
Nope - nervous too, just hoping for the best. Which other universities did you apply to?
S9123
Rep:
(Original post by Engz)
What are your predictions and how did you find the ENGAA ?
A*A*A*A*A - in Bio(A), Chem, Physics, Maths, and EPQ (Chaos theory). The ENGAA was weird but I somehow managed to keep track of time and I think I did okay-ish. Yourself?
Engz
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by S9123)
Nope - nervous too, just hoping for the best. Which other universities did you apply to?
Durham , Bristol , Loughborough , imperial
Engz
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by S9123)
A*A*A*A*A - in Bio(A), Chem, Physics, Maths, and EPQ (Chaos theory). The ENGAA was weird but I somehow managed to keep track of time and I think I did okay-ish. Yourself?
I think I did okay - finished 1a and section 2, ran out of time on 1b . I am A*A*AAA Maths , physics , FM, computer science , EPQ
S9123
Rep:
(Original post by Engz)
I think I did okay - finished 1a and section 2, ran out of time on 1b . I am A*A*AAA Maths , physics , FM, computer science , EPQ
What's your EPQ on?
Engz
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by S9123)
What's your EPQ on?
Finite element analysis 🙂 have you had much extracurricular eng experience ?
fluffycats2004
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by s8520)
where did they say about emailing by mon? just looked on the website and i’m definitely missing something😂
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (140)
43.89%
Not yet, but I will soon (55)
17.24%
No (124)
38.87%

Watched Threads