Indililam1
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Obviously Covid-19 has changed everything, but, as a general rule, what are the best ways to gain teaching experience after Sixth Form/during your degree? I know it's a bit early to be worrying, but lots of PGCE courses I've seen ask for additional experience and teaching is such a difficult industry to get work experience in due to safeguarding, etc.
Any advice? TIA!
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Indililam1)
Obviously Covid-19 has changed everything, but, as a general rule, what are the best ways to gain teaching experience after Sixth Form/during your degree? I know it's a bit early to be worrying, but lots of PGCE courses I've seen ask for additional experience and teaching is such a difficult industry to get work experience in due to safeguarding, etc.
Any advice? TIA!
You need to ask around your schools local primaries. We're still sending students in and have placement students ...

Can you help with school clubs/GCSE revsion help sessions etc.
sangtoms
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
I managed to get some work experience in summer by emailing every single primary school in the vicinity. Only 1 replied and they turned out to be amazing. I really enjoyed it and it was quite useful when writing my personal statement. Good luck
tinyperson
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 3 days ago
Option One- after school clubs and trips
Find one and ask to be a leader. Pay attention to what is going on however.

Option Two- outside activities and educational workshops
There are lots that are currently still available. Look at some relevant adverts in parent magazines or online for some more details. Email, search their website or call them up for the latest up to date information etc.

Option Three- Tutoring
Contact local tutoring companies. Take it from there. Make notes.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (37)
9.61%
Okay (112)
29.09%
A bit lacking (145)
37.66%
Not good at all (91)
23.64%

Watched Threads