The Student Room Group

Anyone feel post lockdown life is getting more and more stressful?

All the time more and more restrictions are being lifted. Virtual zoom meetings replaced with face to face meetings.
Home working worked well for many there was far less congestion and pollution but the prime minister is against working from home and wants people piling on to public transport or getting in their cars creating lovely traffic jams and clouds of exhaust fumes communing to work.
This “De- Lockdown Max” is costly too. Back on trains we go money people saved by working from home could buy them nice treats a new laptop or more time to take up a hobby, painting or even writing a novel! Now that time and money is going to trains getting up early back late and straight to bed to repeat the same tomorrow.

Our air is dirtier and more polluted compared to the days of home working the break for asthmatics is over too as our air is filled with pollution and the break for the environment is over as we go back to contribute more to global warming.

We’re certainly more stressed, and have less and less time and money. :frown:
(edited 2 years ago)
I can’t say that I feel the same. My line of study requires face to face interaction, so if anything, having the most important aspect of my training cancelled or severely restricted during the lockdowns increased stress levels.

There were certainly positives to the lockdown but when weighing up the pros and cons of each ‘option’, I’d rather get back to normal.
Lockdown was good at the start, but it’s incredibly bad for the economy and mental health and well-being of this country. I know what you men though, life seems much more hectic and more things are face to face
No
I know what you mean. Working from home was a nice reminder that there's more to life than work, I appreciate some don't share that sentiment and didn't know how to make do without listening to the same **** joke told by Gavin 1000 times, but I found it nice to just be able to spend more time with family, go out to the park, for a break from working, just focussing on the more human things than doing pointless paperwork for hours and watching the clock.
I kind of get this - I think in particular a lot of companies and organisations have taken coronavirus as an opportunity to make their services worse (I'm still annoyed McDonalds never brought back the Breakfast Wrap!), so ultimately life seems harder because we are tasked with doing the same things as we were in 2019 but everything is just far far more inconvenient.
no
Covid really does seem like an easy excuse for poor service. Mc Donald’s still not got their full menu back
Reply 8
No. I have a healthy work-life balance anyway and I'm very glad to be approaching some sort of 'normal'
Original post by Ambitious1999
All the time more and more restrictions are being lifted. Virtual zoom meetings replaced with face to face meetings.
Home working worked well for many there was far less congestion and pollution but the prime minister is against working from home and wants people piling on to public transport or getting in their cars creating lovely traffic jams and clouds of exhaust fumes communing to work.
This “De- Lockdown Max” is costly too. Back on trains we go money people saved by working from home could buy them nice treats a new laptop or more time to take up a hobby, painting or even writing a novel! Now that time and money is going to trains getting up early back late and straight to bed to repeat the same tomorrow.

Our air is dirtier and more polluted compared to the days of home working the break for asthmatics is over too as our air is filled with pollution and the break for the environment is over as we go back to contribute more to global warming.

We’re certainly more stressed, and have less and less time and money. :frown:

Tbf nothing in this post is actually stressing. All the things mentioned are things u can't control or have power over.... Plus working from home has increased the general consumption of food and lazyness. It also was easier to cheat on exams/ tests. Point is, to every event there are positives and negatives. For you to just look at the positives of lockdown and not the negatives, ur bias will cause stress. And ur stressing over something that u can't change... Kinda pointless tbh.
I feel the opposite. Found lockdown life stressful, especially when you’re living with your entire family under one roof.

Quick Reply

Latest