University of Sheffield - Offer holders 2022

Watch this thread
Tex01Willer
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hi all,
Just started this thread to get to know offer holders for 2022.
To start with.. I just got an offer for MComp AI & CS.
niaaanz
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 months ago
hi!! got an offer for LLB Law
JaffaNeko
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
Hey congrats! I have a MSc Biodiversity and Conservation offer for 2022
ZogTheGod
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
Hi what where your prediction grades if you don't mind me asking?
sophia0903
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by niaaanz)
hii, how long did it take for your offer to come through?
chloea123
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
Hi how long did it take for them to give you an offer?
renclouds
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
I have an offer for LLB law
Tsrloverrr
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Tex01Willer)
Hi all,
Just started this thread to get to know offer holders for 2022.
To start with.. I just got an offer for MComp AI & CS.
when did you apply?
Mahima.xox
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
How long did it take to come through and what are your predicted grades? xx
Mahima.xox
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
What were your predicted grades and how long did it take to come through! Congrats btw xx
Mahima.xox
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by renclouds)
I have an offer for LLB law
What are ur predicted grades and how long did it take to come through? xx
renclouds
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Mahima.xox)
What are ur predicted grades and how long did it take to come through? xx
AAA and two weeks
Mahima.xox
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
AAA and two weeks
Thank you lovely! I’m predicted AAB idk if I’ll get an offer haha
renclouds
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Mahima.xox)
Thank you lovely! I’m predicted AAB idk if I’ll get an offer haha
the offer i got was AAA/ AAB with A in EPQ and you may still get an offer as your prediction is only one grade off the standard offer
Dee27520
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
AAA and two weeks
What uni is this may i ask?
renclouds
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Dee27520)
What uni is this may i ask?
university of sheffield
sally.walker12
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
I don't know whether to take my York or Sheffield law offer..
mah1000000
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by sally.walker12)
I don't know whether to take my York or Sheffield law offer..
My top recommendation would be to firstly visit both if at all possible. Sheffield and York are quite close so could be done in one trip potentially, and they're going to have similar feels because of their proximity.

Also, since law courses must all cover the same core material take a look at all the optional modules currently listed and see which ones appeal to you more.

Facilities are less important for a non STEM subject as you only really require a lecture theatre but I know Yorks law building is semi-new so that can be something to compare.

Also, a big difference will be York has its own unique way of teaching law. York's problem based learning is a different way of teaching and you may want to have a think about whether this is what you want vs a more traditional approach.
sally.walker12
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by mah1000000)
My top recommendation would be to firstly visit both if at all possible. Sheffield and York are quite close so could be done in one trip potentially, and they're going to have similar feels because of their proximity.

Also, since law courses must all cover the same core material take a look at all the optional modules currently listed and see which ones appeal to you more.

Facilities are less important for a non STEM subject as you only really require a lecture theatre but I know Yorks law building is semi-new so that can be something to compare.

Also, a big difference will be York has its own unique way of teaching law. York's problem based learning is a different way of teaching and you may want to have a think about whether this is what you want vs a more traditional approach.
aww okay sounds great thank you! I think I will visit them both just trying to make sure I choose a prestigious academic uni and have employment opportunities as well
niaaanz
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by chloea123)
Hi how long did it take for them to give you an offer?
Hi sorry for the late reply but it took them 3 weeks to respond
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (35)
18.72%
The paper was reasonable (67)
35.83%
Not feeling great about that exam... (53)
28.34%
It was TERRIBLE (32)
17.11%

Watched Threads