Geography NEA word limit HELP

Watch
Eddie3294302
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
My teachers have told us that our NEA cannot be more than 4,000 words. We're handing the final version in on Friday but I've not been able to go into enough detail at all because of the word limit constraints. It's ridiculous.

Some people in the class have done 7,000-10,000 words and were told that if they did that, the whole class would be marked down by the exam board. Are they lying? lazy? what's going on?
lotus9765
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 months ago
Im pretty sure the NEA can be over 4000 words, its just that the exam board have recommended 4000 because it is a lot of words after all and it takes a lot of time to read through it and may impact what mark you may get if you write a lot because eventually the examiner will get tired of reading so much, but I'm pretty sure you cant cant massively marked down because they never told you the max is 4000 words its just a recommendation. hope that helps in anyway what was your enquiry question btw ? and what exam board are you on?
Eddie3294302
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by lotus9765)
Im pretty sure the NEA can be over 4000 words, its just that the exam board have recommended 4000 because it is a lot of words after all and it takes a lot of time to read through it and may impact what mark you may get if you write a lot because eventually the examiner will get tired of reading so much, but I'm pretty sure you cant cant massively marked down because they never told you the max is 4000 words its just a recommendation. hope that helps in anyway what was your enquiry question btw ? and what exam board are you on?
AQA exam board

Enquiry was 'To what extent are infiltration rates in [forest nearby] determined by rates of footfall?'
bigboydino
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
So I did my NEA last year and wrote around 7500 words I think? And it didn’t affect my marks at all I got 60/60, I think it’s less about the actual word count and more about the fact that over 4000 words you might start waffling x
7Falls
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by bigboydino)
So I did my NEA last year and wrote around 7500 words I think? And it didn’t affect my marks at all I got 60/60, I think it’s less about the actual word count and more about the fact that over 4000 words you might start waffling
What was your title for the NEA. We are only just starting it now so I want to see what a good one would be like
Ðeggs
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
My NEA was over 15,000 words (which probably was a bit too many) but 4,000 words is definitely not enough, that was just my introduction! Your school teacher enforcing strictly 4,000 word limit seems silly in my opinion, it should be a few thousand more.
bigboydino
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by 7Falls)
What was your title for the NEA. We are only just starting it now so I want to see what a good one would be like
“Investigating how high energy and low energy coastlines in my local area differ”. I used two different areas of coastline one which was arguably high energy and one which was low. and sort of compared the two, like landforms and pebble size (which I did a statistical test in to show they were significantly different)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (30)
7.04%
October 2021 (195)
45.77%
November 2021 (44)
10.33%
December 2021 (57)
13.38%
January 2021 (47)
11.03%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (39)
9.15%