I’ve gained 15.6kg in a month and a half

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So i’ve been stuck in a horrible binge restrict cycle since i’ve moved to university. From the 5th of October until now i’ve managed to gain over 15kg. I’ve struggled with overeating and binging especially at night, i just feel like if i don’t eat until i’m uncomfortably full i’m still hungry.

Is it possible for that all to be fat? My body measurements haven’t really changed much, i’ve got a few cm’s wider in my waist and hips but i don’t see a physical difference. I honestly didn’t think it was possible to gain that much weight so quickly and i’m so embarrassed. I’m not surprised though because i’ve been eating in excess of 3000/4000 calories some days when it gets pretty bad. Is there a proportion of it that will be water weight?? Also will it be easier to lose?
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
What is your body fat% and bmi? :confused:
Your weight gain is probably mostly a combination of mostly fat from overeating and bingeing on unhealthy snacks & drinks with a high sugar or fat content.
Possibly with a bit of extra muscle and water weight.
You may have some bloating too.

How much daily exercise do you do and what types?
Can you homecook most of your meals instead of relying on takeaways and ready meals?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
From personal experience of having an ED and binging on quite a lot more than that on some days, I highly doubt this is all fat, especially if your body measurements haven't really changed.
Anonymous #3
Report 1 week ago
It is mostly not fat that would be impossible. It seems to be affecting you though, and restricting to lose weight will only make you binge. I would advise seeing your GP for support.
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So i’ve been stuck in a horrible binge restrict cycle since i’ve moved to university. From the 5th of October until now i’ve managed to gain over 15kg. I’ve struggled with overeating and binging especially at night, i just feel like if i don’t eat until i’m uncomfortably full i’m still hungry.

Is it possible for that all to be fat? My body measurements haven’t really changed much, i’ve got a few cm’s wider in my waist and hips but i don’t see a physical difference. I honestly didn’t think it was possible to gain that much weight so quickly and i’m so embarrassed. I’m not surprised though because i’ve been eating in excess of 3000/4000 calories some days when it gets pretty bad. Is there a proportion of it that will be water weight?? Also will it be easier to lose?
Are you sure you accurately calculated your starting weight, that is a HUGE amount to gain in such a short period of time.

Well if you put on weight you tend to also carry a little bit more muscle but I doubt you could ‘build’ muscle in that time as typically building muscle burns fat so it is probably mostly body fat.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by londonmyst)
What is your body fat% and bmi? :confused:
Your weight gain is probably mostly a combination of mostly fat from overeating and bingeing on unhealthy snacks & drinks with a high sugar or fat content.
Possibly with a bit of extra muscle and water weight.
You may have some bloating too.

How much daily exercise do you do and what types?
Can you homecook most of your meals instead of relying on takeaways and ready meals?
I started out as obese then went to overweight and this time last year maintained a healthy weight. Didn’t lose it in a healthy way though so i gave up restricting and gained weight again. In early October my bmi was around 27 and now it’s jumped to 32
Anonymous #1
(Original post by mnot)
Are you sure you accurately calculated your starting weight, that is a HUGE amount to gain in such a short period of time.

Well if you put on weight you tend to also carry a little bit more muscle but I doubt you could ‘build’ muscle in that time as typically building muscle burns fat so it is probably mostly body fat.
I used the same scale and in the morning after i wake up. If it’s not correct then the scale might be faulty but i doubt it. Is it not possible for me to gain all that weight even though i’ve been eating so many calories? Like i could eat barely anything for 2 days and then for the next 3/4 days i would go shops and buy so much junk food and eat until i feel sick. It’s been a consistent cycle since late August/early October.
skylark2
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
5th October? Or late August? The second one would mean it's been twice as long.

I think you need to get proper medical help/support.
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
I used the same scale and in the morning after i wake up. If it’s not correct then the scale might be faulty but i doubt it. Is it not possible for me to gain all that weight even though i’ve been eating so many calories? Like i could eat barely anything for 2 days and then for the next 3/4 days i would go shops and buy so much junk food and eat until i feel sick. It’s been a consistent cycle since late August/early October.
I mean im not a dietitian but that sounds extreme, im honestly amazed it’s possible. If this is true I think you should see a doctor.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by skylark2)
5th October? Or late August? The second one would mean it's been twice as long.

I think you need to get proper medical help/support.
5th of October was when i meant that i had weighed myself so was the beginning of my weight gain, i’ve binged since late August though but at a smaller scale/less often during the week so i didn’t gain weight. I restricted more than binged but yeah i think so too thank you.
Lacrimosa1
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 week ago

Go swimming for an hour every day.
shahidwali
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
I am trying to gain weight first month was really tough to get in shape but then got 3 kg in 1 and half month but then again lost because of motion
ElderlyMedic
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
you should poop now and then
Lacrimosa1
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ElderlyMedic)
you should poop now and then
Overdosing on Laxitives :bootyshake:
WARNING: This is just a joke. DON'T do this!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (137)
33.83%
Yes - a trusted person (107)
26.42%
No (109)
26.91%
I'm not sure (52)
12.84%

Watched Threads