How does foundation programme work ?

Watch this thread
Chi2020
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hi , I’m choosing my uni choices and I’m wanting to do biomed foundation year and for example at Aston it says foundation programme 1 year ‘paved the way for pharmacy bioscience and neuroscience at aston ‘ but I’m really confused so if I apply to this one year course why happens after one year ? Do I automatically get transferred onto a course of my choosing in bioscience neuroscience or etc …..?
asclepeion
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Chi2020)
Hi , I’m choosing my uni choices and I’m wanting to do biomed foundation year and for example at Aston it says foundation programme 1 year ‘paved the way for pharmacy bioscience and neuroscience at aston ‘ but I’m really confused so if I apply to this one year course why happens after one year ? Do I automatically get transferred onto a course of my choosing in bioscience neuroscience or etc …..?
You don't get automatically transferred, you need a certain % to pass and progress - read the university's entry criteria and progression criteria:
https://www.aston.ac.uk/study/course...september-2022
https://www2.aston.ac.uk/study/under...ssion-criteria
Chi2020
Rep:
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
(Original post by asclepeion)
You don't get automatically transferred, you need a certain % to pass and progress - read the university's entry criteria and progression criteria:
https://www.aston.ac.uk/study/course...september-2022
https://www2.aston.ac.uk/study/under...ssion-criteria
What happens if I don’t get an interview or pass the foundation year ? Does that mean I need to apply to another uni or get kicked out by this uni ?
asclepeion
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
What happens if I don’t get an interview or pass the foundation year ? Does that mean I need to apply to another uni or get kicked out by this uni ?
Contact them to get answers if they’re not on the website: [email protected]
Aston University
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
Hi there,

To answer your question about how the foundation year works. Upon successful completion, you will have guaranteed progression to the Biomedical Science degree subject to qualifications, performance and progression pathway. For Biomedical Sciences the performance requirement would be:

50% or more overall PLUS:

50% in Introduction to Human Anatomy and Physiology

50% in Biological and Biochemical Science Foundations

40% in remaining modules.

In addition: upon application to the foundation programme you should have specified your intention to study your chosen programme. This is to ensure that (i) your entry qualifications to the foundation programme have been verified as acceptable (ii) Aston reserves you a place in the 1st year of your chosen programme in anticipation of your success.

Further questions can be dealt with by the admissions team here [email protected].

* Ethel
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (156)
41.82%
Not yet, but I will soon (69)
18.5%
No (148)
39.68%

Watched Threads