aklikethechoppa
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I have my target oxbridge interview in 2 days so does anyone have any tips on how to approach the article/how to prepare for the interview? I've applied for history and politics btw
Jnlmm
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 weeks ago
All the best! mine is in a couple of weeks and I'm not sure how to prepare for it either
aklikethechoppa
Rep:
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Jnlmm)
All the best! mine is in a couple of weeks and I'm not sure how to prepare for it either
tysm! i ended up making notes and comments about the article and kinda formulating an opinion on it. what subject are you applying for?
Jnlmm
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by aklikethechoppa)
tysm! i ended up making notes and comments about the article and kinda formulating an opinion on it. what subject are you applying for?
That's a really good Idea, I'm applying for HSPS! I'm assuming you've already had the interview by now, how did it go?
aklikethechoppa
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Jnlmm)
That's a really good Idea, I'm applying for HSPS! I'm assuming you've already had the interview by now, how did it go?
ibr, idk how the interview went cause my interviewer asked me the same question twice at the beginning and the end so idk if she was looking for a particular answer. there's nothing I can do now tho, God willing I get a place cause icl I really want one😭HSPS sounds really interesting, what a levels are you doing?
Last edited by aklikethechoppa; 1 week ago
Jnlmm
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
ibr, idk how the interview went cause my interviewer asked me the same question twice at the beginning and the end so idk if she was looking for a particular answer. there's nothing I can do now tho, God willing I get a place cause icl I really want one😭HSPS sounds really interesting, what a levels are you doing?
Looking through the past cohort's threads, they all said the same thing! and many of whom still got places. You can never truly understand how well you've done in an interview/ exam, until you get results back so don't worry about it too much. God willing you will get a place! I do Politics, economics and French, Abu?
Unknownx12
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
I have my target oxbridge interview in 2 days so does anyone have any tips on how to approach the article/how to prepare for the interview? I've applied for history and politics btw
(Original post by Jnlmm)
hi! I applied for TO last year and got in for law - I could maybe give you tips on how to prepare if your course is similar to mine
aklikethechoppa
Rep:
(Original post by Jnlmm)
Looking through the past cohort's threads, they all said the same thing! and many of whom still got places. You can never truly understand how well you've done in an interview/ exam, until you get results back so don't worry about it too much. God willing you will get a place! I do Politics, economics and French, Abu?
History, Politics and Psychology and yh in the days leading up to my interview i was just endlessly reading past cohort threads lol. how are you finding politics?
aklikethechoppa
Rep:
(Original post by Unknownx12)
hi! I applied for TO last year and got in for law - I could maybe give you tips on how to prepare if your course is similar to mine
i've done my interview now but thank you for offering! how are you finding TO?
txpe
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Hi I have my TO interview next week and I want to study HSPS so I would love any tips! ♥️
aklikethechoppa
Rep:
(Original post by txpe)
Hi I have my TO interview next week and I want to study HSPS so I would love any tips! ♥️
good luck! its really interview season😂
Jnlmm
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
That would be incredibly helpful thanks!!
Jnlmm
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
History, Politics and Psychology and yh in the days leading up to my interview i was just endlessly reading past cohort threads lol. how are you finding politics?
Politics is soo interesting for me so far. We have a really good teacher so even for the boring topics it's still engaging
aklikethechoppa
Rep:
(Original post by Jnlmm)
Politics is soo interesting for me so far. We have a really good teacher so even for the boring topics it's still engaging
yeah same, all my subjects are pretty cool tbh
Unknownx12
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
i've done my interview now but thank you for offering! how are you finding TO?
its rlly good - you get everything from finding the right course early, interview prep and admission test prep. I think your cohort will be luckier and might actually get to visit Oxbridge
Unknownx12
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by txpe)
if you have any reading material, they really analyse it and its okay to use the internet to guide you in some parts. However, the most important thing is showing passion. A girl I know got into the self-study programme cuz when she interviewed for law it was rlly obvious she was not passionate like that but when she later changed to HistoPol later one she got moved into the main programme!
aklikethechoppa
Rep:
its rlly good - you get everything from finding the right course early, interview prep and admission test prep. I think your cohort will be luckier and might actually get to visit Oxbridge
all the support they give you is a reason why i really want to get onto the program
franklyfruity
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
heya, I'm not part of the TO programme but can I ask what you mean by an "article"? I've also applied for history and politics; if we get an interview, is there going to be some kind of source we need to analyse during it? I know there was in previous years but I thought I'd heard that they were scrapping it - could be wrong though! sorry to bother you all haha thanks for any help
aklikethechoppa
Rep:
(Original post by franklyfruity)
heya, I'm not part of the TO programme but can I ask what you mean by an "article"? I've also applied for history and politics; if we get an interview, is there going to be some kind of source we need to analyse during it? I know there was in previous years but I thought I'd heard that they were scrapping it - could be wrong though! sorry to bother you all haha thanks for any help
are you referring to the actual admissions interviews for the university of oxford/cambridge? if so then im in year 12 so i haven't applied😭this thread is on about the interviews for target oxbridge, the access program. for the target oxbridge interviews they use articles
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (21)
8.61%
Okay (72)
29.51%
A bit lacking (91)
37.3%
Not good at all (60)
24.59%

Watched Threads