how do u prepare to leave year 11 even when ur staying for sixth form?

Watch this thread
TazmeenX
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
im having possibly on of the biggest exstinential crises ive had for a long time

leaving year 11.

its a change, not a massive as moving to another school, but its still a major change. all my best friends will be gone, ill have to worry about uni, i have to do a levels and i still feel as if i didn't get a proper secondary school experience

ive even thought about applying to different sixth forms in order to get have the opportunity to make new friends and get used to change but i know all the teachers and everything abt the school and idk if i can risk my grades for getting used to new environment

on top of that, ive been feeling icky about the end of year events like muck up day, signing shirts, signing the school walls, saying goodbyes-im literally coming back after the summer whats the point. i really want these supposedly meaningful events to actually mean something which is also why ive been thinking about moving school for sixth form (ik, stupid reason but still)

i just can't seem to understand the fact that ill have to leave my friends and ill have to step everything up. sixth form is supposed to the best time of your life but in an area like mine, its pretty hard to do that so thats also another reason why i wanted to go to a different sixth form in a different area

does anyone have any tips? how to overcome these silly anxieties i have? any tips for leaving year 11 in the best way ever even if im coming back for sixth form? its just so weird how 5 years have gone so quickly :/
English143
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by TazmeenX)
im having possibly on of the biggest exstinential crises ive had for a long time

leaving year 11.

its a change, not a massive as moving to another school, but its still a major change. all my best friends will be gone, ill have to worry about uni, i have to do a levels and i still feel as if i didn't get a proper secondary school experience

ive even thought about applying to different sixth forms in order to get have the opportunity to make new friends and get used to change but i know all the teachers and everything abt the school and idk if i can risk my grades for getting used to new environment

on top of that, ive been feeling icky about the end of year events like muck up day, signing shirts, signing the school walls, saying goodbyes-im literally coming back after the summer whats the point. i really want these supposedly meaningful events to actually mean something which is also why ive been thinking about moving school for sixth form (ik, stupid reason but still)

i just can't seem to understand the fact that ill have to leave my friends and ill have to step everything up. sixth form is supposed to the best time of your life but in an area like mine, its pretty hard to do that so thats also another reason why i wanted to go to a different sixth form in a different area

does anyone have any tips? how to overcome these silly anxieties i have? any tips for leaving year 11 in the best way ever even if im coming back for sixth form? its just so weird how 5 years have gone so quickly :/
Trust me give it a few days at sixth form and you will forget everything that will happen. If you are feeling very anxious you can always speak to the pastoral team in your school and sixth forms normally have dedicated private person on hand. Hope that helps and good luck with your GCSE’s
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (92)
19.96%
The paper was reasonable (176)
38.18%
Not feeling great about that exam... (119)
25.81%
It was TERRIBLE (74)
16.05%

Watched Threads