Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
i cant tell whether im struggling with depression. i constantly feel empty like i have no emotion to feel anymore. i feel like ive dug such a big hole of sadness that it is inescapable. can anyone help me get out of this
Young_Sherlock
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 weeks ago
You are not alone. You are loved. Look to the people around you; never give up no matter how hard it is. Think about the children you will have someday, those bright spots in your life that are yet to come. This is only the starting of a new beginning for it It is only too late to fix our mistakes once people decide they cannot.

Life is a rocky path, but be the person who keeps walking it. There are many people around you that are willing to help; you just need to reach out and contact them. You are perfect. You are unique. You are fine just the way you are. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Remember this: the sun always shines after a rainy day. The clouds have silver linings with promises and dreams of rainbows. Sending the love from Washington!

“You say you’re ‘depressed’ – all I see is resilience. You are allowed to feel messed up and inside out. It doesn’t mean you’re defective – it just means you’re human.” ― David Mitchell, Cloud Atlas
Last edited by Young_Sherlock; 2 weeks ago
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Young_Sherlock)
You are not alone. You are loved. Look to the people around you; never give up no matter how hard it is. Think about the children you will have someday, those bright spots in your life that are yet to come. This is only the starting of a new beginning for it It is only too late to fix our mistakes once people decide they cannot.

Life is a rocky path, but be the person who keeps walking it. There are many people around you that are willing to help; you just need to reach out and contact them. You are perfect. You are unique. You are fine just the way you are. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Remember this: the sun always shines after a rainy day. The clouds have silver linings with promises and dreams of rainbows. Sending the love from Washington!

“You say you’re ‘depressed’ – all I see is resilience. You are allowed to feel messed up and inside out. It doesn’t mean you’re defective – it just means you’re human.” ― David Mitchell, Cloud Atlas
Thank you so much that was lovely!
law9918
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 weeks ago
It was very common to feel the way you are feeling, we have all certainly been there during our lifetime and most definitely not just the once.

Keep going with whatever it is you are doing, and set yourself small goals to stay positive. Eventually things will get better, although it sounds cliche it is true.

Support is always readily available, but ultimately you must try to implement changes in your life which you think could benefit you and improve your morale. Think about what makes u happy or did make you happy or in fact who makes you happy.

Things will improve, do not give up hope. Wish you all the best.
Analyst89
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
i cant tell whether im struggling with depression. i constantly feel empty like i have no emotion to feel anymore. i feel like ive dug such a big hole of sadness that it is inescapable. can anyone help me get out of this
Sorry to hear this.

Do you have goals, aspirations, hobbies or interests?

Maybe you can read a book or go out somewhere or take part in some activity.

A lot of people, very many just have to plod along in life.

You can get support and there is a lot of support out there such as:

-The Samaritans, you can call 116 123, which is available 24 hours a day

-Mind, 0300 123 3393

-Saneline, 0300 304 7000, from 4.30pm-10.30pm

-The mix, 0800 808 4994, 11am-11pm

-SHOUT, text 852258, 24 hour text service

-Papyrus, 0800 068 4141, if you have thoughts of suicide or in emotional distress
Anonymous #1
Thank you so much everyone, I have motivation to get better and I'm going to try and start some new hobbies!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (37)
9.61%
Okay (112)
29.09%
A bit lacking (145)
37.66%
Not good at all (91)
23.64%

Watched Threads