How to revise

Watch this thread
helicopter111
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
How do i revise effectively, like what methods/ tips should i use? Im in year 10 btw
Last edited by helicopter111; 6 months ago
selugawi
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 months ago
Different revision techniques will be more effective for some people than others. Some of my favourites are doing exam questions (find these online, in textbooks/revison guides, or ask your teacher for them), summarising things in my own words (whether it be from a youtube video, textbook, etc), revision websites (things like seneca, quizlet, mathswatch, etc), making posters on a topic just from memory and flashcards.

My most important tip for revision has to be don't waste time. Its so easy to sit around making really pretty notes, but this is just a waste of your time and you're not actually learning anything from writing in pretty colours and drawing nice pictures.

Another important tip is don't burn yourself out. For my GCSE's, I just revised for end of topic tests, and in the run up to mocks/exams. You don't need to go home and revise every night from the very beginning of year 10- you'll just wear yourself down.
Smallix
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
I will give some of my advice aswel, even though i am just in year 9...
The most effective revision techniques i think are-
-The active recall
-notes but actually revising from them
-flashcards
And the best revision websites are-
-BBC Bitesize (very helpful)
- Quizlet (for making flashcards, but you can also find already-made quizlets)
-S-cool
- physics and maths tutor (don't judge it by the name it includes EVRYTHING from english to computer science to maths to all of the sciences)

Hope this helps!! And if you don't mind me asking, what GCSE's are you doing? Thanks
helicopter111
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by Smallix)
I will give some of my advice aswel, even though i am just in year 9...
The most effective revision techniques i think are-
-The active recall
-notes but actually revising from them
-flashcards
And the best revision websites are-
-BBC Bitesize (very helpful)
- Quizlet (for making flashcards, but you can also find already-made quizlets)
-S-cool
- physics and maths tutor (don't judge it by the name it includes EVRYTHING from english to computer science to maths to all of the sciences)

Hope this helps!! And if you don't mind me asking, what GCSE's are you doing? Thanks
Thank you sm for the advice! I picked geography,drama,spanish and art for my gcse's (:
Last edited by helicopter111; 4 months ago
M.Hashim
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hi, my mocks are in 3months do u have any tips on how to revise I'm doing Biology chemistry physics maths English geography and computer science,Could u give me any tips on how u revised for your mocks and what u would recommend I do thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (275)
42.18%
The paper was reasonable (269)
41.26%
Not feeling great about that exam... (60)
9.2%
It was TERRIBLE (48)
7.36%

Watched Threads