The Student Room Group

Airbus Graduate Scheme 2021 (for 2022 entry)

Who's applied for this year's graduate scheme from Airbus? I applied in early October, did that awful game-based assessment from Arctic Shores, currently my status is Under Review.

Some of the roles are still being advertised despite the 1st Nov deadline, maybe they didn't get enough people applying for those, or they're just being very picky.

I heard assessment centres will be online, being held in December and January. Once the open positions are closed, maybe we can expect a reply in the next 3 weeks or so.

Usually, there's a forum every year on WikiJobs but since there isn't one, feel free to post on your progress and/or your experience here.

I've applied and been to an assessment centre in 2020 so might be of help if anyone has questions.

PS did anyone else hate that Arctic Shores assessment :frown: :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

I also applied in late October. Did the game test and am waiting on hearing back. Says Under Review in portal.

How quickly do they reply after the game test from your assessment centre with them?

When I applied for their placement scheme, they got back pretty quick after the game tests.

How do you know A/C will be in Dec/Jan?
Reply 2
Original post by Wester123
I also applied in late October. Did the game test and am waiting on hearing back. Says Under Review in portal.

How quickly do they reply after the game test from your assessment centre with them?

When I applied for their placement scheme, they got back pretty quick after the game tests.

How do you know A/C will be in Dec/Jan?

You should be able to access your report from the test straight away. If you haven't received a rejection, think it means your test results are good enough when matched with the job profile competencies set by Airbus for the games based assessment.

They should be going through HR review now and then those selected applications get to the hiring manager who decides who gets to the assessment centre.

Took around 6 weeks last time. Some roles are still open, so replies would probably come in early December.

I attended a careers event with an Airbus recruiter. And last time it was in Jan as well, usually like that most years.
Original post by airbusa350
You should be able to access your report from the test straight away. If you haven't received a rejection, think it means your test results are good enough when matched with the job profile competencies set by Airbus for the games based assessment.

They should be going through HR review now and then those selected applications get to the hiring manager who decides who gets to the assessment centre.

Took around 6 weeks last time. Some roles are still open, so replies would probably come in early December.

I attended a careers event with an Airbus recruiter. And last time it was in Jan as well, usually like that most years.

Yes I got the test report straight away. How long after the game test to hear back about rejection or A/C I mean? 6 weeks?
Reply 4
Yes I got the test report straight away. How long after the game test to hear back about rejection or A/C I mean? 6 weeks?

I don't think it depends on how long after your test, just when they shortlist people for particular roles. Last time most people got replies in early December after the hiring manager review. I guess some people might get rejected earlier if they don't pass HR review. But I would expect Airbus to reply by the next 3 weeks for those invited to an AC.
Reply 5
Hey , I also applied for a graduate scheme in Broughton and did my assessment by the Arctic which didn't go as expected. In the portal, it says under review it's been almost 20 days now. I wonder when are they gonna reject or call for an assessment.P.S are you an international student cause I heard usually international students apply for the graduate programs. Thank you
I'm not an Intl' student.

Original post by AKUNWAR
Hey , I also applied for a graduate scheme in Broughton and did my assessment by the Arctic which didn't go as expected. In the portal, it says under review it's been almost 20 days now. I wonder when are they gonna reject or call for an assessment.P.S are you an international student cause I heard usually international students apply for the graduate programs. Thank you

I don't think it depends on how long after your test, just when they shortlist people for particular roles. Last time most people got replies in early December after the hiring manager review. I guess some people might get rejected earlier if they don't pass HR review. But I would expect Airbus to reply by the next 3 weeks for those invited to an AC.

Did you actually have an AC with Airbus?
Reply 7
I'm not an Intl' student.

Did you actually have an AC with Airbus?

Yea had an AC in 2020
Reply 8

Original post by AKUNWAR

Used to be an international student in the UK. Should be in the next few weeks as the assessment centres will be in Dec/Jan
Used to be an international student in the UK. Should be in the next few weeks as the assessment centres will be in Dec/Jan

Did you have an AC for placement or grad role?
After the arctic shores game, my status in the portal showed application under review.Now it shows 'assessment'.Does that mean i got invited for assessment centre?I havent been contacted by them though.
Original post by anonyyyyyuser123
After the arctic shores game, my status in the portal showed application under review.Now it shows 'assessment'.Does that mean i got invited for assessment centre?I havent been contacted by them though.

When did it say that? Mine still says Under Review!!

When did you apply?
When did it say that? Mine still says Under Review!!

When did you apply?

29th October something
29th October something

I applied around the same day so they might be finalising people for assessment centres! Hoping to hear back soon!

Which scheme did you apply for?
Arctic shores assessments are borderline criminal imo, absolutely hate them, think PwC use them too , ive applied for Graduate Verification and Validation Engineer (Cyber) , basically applied just cause it looks somewhat interesting, dont actually care if im rejected, but wondering if you know what the actual process is ?
Original post by cheapheadphone
Arctic shores assessments are borderline criminal imo, absolutely hate them, think PwC use them too , ive applied for Graduate Verification and Validation Engineer (Cyber) , basically applied just cause it looks somewhat interesting, dont actually care if im rejected, but wondering if you know what the actual process is ?

Should be the normal application, test, assessment centre process Im guessing? Maybe check their website?

29th October something

Let us know if you hear anything else!
Reply 16
Hi guys, after completing AIRBUS arctic shores online assessment on 17th Oct, my application status has changed to Interview. Is this mean an Assessment centre or anything else?
Reply 17
Did you have an AC for placement or grad role?

For a grad role before I went on a masters course
Reply 18

I think it goes like this 1. Under review > 2. Assessment > 3. Interview. So you're through to another stage.
Reply 19
Original post by Vik08
Hi guys, after completing AIRBUS arctic shores online assessment on 17th Oct, my application status has changed to Interview. Is this mean an Assessment centre or anything else?

Yaaaay pretty sure that means you've got to the AC. What did you apply for?

Quick Reply

Latest