Kdog21
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I spent ages cutting my word count down to under 4000 characters, I've done that, now it's saying it has to be under 47 lines long, mine if 4 lines over.

It's under 4000 characters, so what difference does it make how many lines it is. What do I do now, because I can't cut down anymore but need to send my application ASAP?
Anonymous #1
Report 2 weeks ago
You have to cut it down more, I don’t know what other advice you’re looking for?
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 weeks ago
If you've spaced out your paragraphs like

^^^
That, delete the spacing as that counts as a sentence, as I recall.
gman9999
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Kdog21)
I spent ages cutting my word count down to under 4000 characters, I've done that, now it's saying it has to be under 47 lines long, mine if 4 lines over.

It's under 4000 characters, so what difference does it make how many lines it is. What do I do now, because I can't cut down anymore but need to send my application ASAP?
Admissions tutors print out each application in full on A2 paper and assess it. Every section has a word limit for this reason.
Kdog21
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by ROTL94)
If you've spaced out your paragraphs like

^^^
That, delete the spacing as that counts as a sentence, as I recall.
hey, thanks for replying, but shouldn't it be in paragraphs
Tushar12718
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Nope, if you're using that many characters, you need to remove all the spacing so there will not be any paragraphs in your personal statement.
booklover1313
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Sadly you just need to cut down on words. There is no other way around it, you have to be within the line limit and the character limit. Ideally you should have space for paragraph breaks because that looks more professional and it is easier to read than one long body of text, but at the very least you can indent between paragraphs with no empty line. When you do it on Word, it ends up being under 1 A4 side.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (36)
9.81%
Okay (107)
29.16%
A bit lacking (135)
36.78%
Not good at all (89)
24.25%

Watched Threads