The Student Room Group

HMRC Criminal Investigator Role 2021

HMRC Criminal Investigator Role 2020/2021 - The Student Room

Hello, Not sure why the last thread was closed, but I just thought I'd restart this so we can hopefully share where we are up to on the process of being offered the job, start dates etc.

I have got a 'provisional offer' for the role in Manchester. I've sent off my 3 forms of ID but not heard anything back yet. Just wondered if anyone else was any further on?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I noticed the same! Unsure why it’s closed 🤔 I didn’t get an offer but got the reserve list for Birmingham. They emailed a couple days ago to tell me my place on there (I did ask the question a couple weeks back).
Reply 2
Im also on the reserve list, who do you contact to find out your position?
Reply 3
Original post by Char-26
Im also on the reserve list, who do you contact to find out your position?

I emailed [email protected] as this was the one on the candidate pack
Reply 4
Original post by Livvy462
I emailed [email protected] as this was the one on the candidate pack

Thankyou 😊
Reply 5
Hello, just wondering if anyone has received anything since sending off their documentation for checks? It’s been radio silence for me as I am on the reserve list but hopeful if there is some movement for those who have received provisional offers it might be a step in the right direction for those on the reserve list!
Reply 6
Hi all, shame the other was closed. I was successful for Newcastle and just received an email today asking if I am unavailable for any dates up until October 2022 as they are arranging the training and start dates
Original post by d1295
Hi all, shame the other was closed. I was successful for Newcastle and just received an email today asking if I am unavailable for any dates up until October 2022 as they are arranging the training and start dates

Likewise, but for Manchester. I also received the formal conditional offer and sent off my PECs.
Reply 8
I just received my conditional offer today :smile: Newcastle
Reply 9
I just received an email saying they are going to make me a conditional offer soon! Need to send off my identity documents. I was on the reserve list and scored 21 overall! Anyone else received an offer after being on reserve list? I applied for the Stratford office
Original post by m187
I just received an email saying they are going to make me a conditional offer soon! Need to send off my identity documents. I was on the reserve list and scored 21 overall! Anyone else received an offer after being on reserve list? I applied for the Stratford office

Hey, I also received this email too :smile: though it did not specify which London office it was for as I applied for both Stratford and Croydon.
Reply 11
Original post by Happylif3
Hey, I also received this email too :smile: though it did not specify which London office it was for as I applied for both Stratford and Croydon.

Congrats! yeah they didnt specify which office, I think I applied to both Stratford and Croydon too
Hi all, I also received an email a few days ago telling me I was to receive an offer after being on the reserve list. I applied for Ipswich. So far have heard nothing back though :smile:
Reply 13
Thats good! Hopefully other places may hear back soon
Just a heads up, I've just found the "about to receive an offer" email (Leeds), it came Friday at 15:00 but it was in my junk mail folder. It says 48hrs to respond but hopefully they won't hold me to that.
(edited 2 years ago)
It’s good to hear that some people on reserve lists have been offered jobs. I applied to Bristol but not heard anything yet. I’ve emailed to check where I am on the reserve list…
Reply 16
Original post by Strchr03
It’s good to hear that some people on reserve lists have been offered jobs. I applied to Bristol but not heard anything yet. I’ve emailed to check where I am on the reserve list…

Im also Bristol, haven't heard anything back yet either
Original post by Danny2101
Just a heads up, I've just found the "about to receive an offer" email (Leeds), it came Friday at 15:00 but it was in my junk mail folder. It says 48hrs to respond but hopefully they won't hold me to that.

this is reassuring to hear. Do you know what position you were on the reserve list?

this is reassuring to hear. Do you know what position you were on the reserve list?
Original post by ellierose666

I don't, I never asked sorry. I scored 6 6 and 10 so 22, just sent the ID docs this afternoon.
I’ve just heard back with my reserve number which is near the top so hopefully I hear something soon!

Quick Reply

Latest