The Student Room Group

UCD Applicants 2022 THREAD

Hey!! I decided to make a thread for those applying to UCD for the academic year 2022/23!

Let us know what course are you planning on taking and how the application process is coming along!
Who knows, you might find someone here first:smile:

I have applied for BSc in Physics with Astronomy & Space Science!!

Scroll to see replies

UCD ?
Original post by McGinger
UCD ?

University College Dublin
Reply 3
I got a conditional offer letter for MSc in International Business. Do we have some group where I can connect with others?
Original post by Umar3110
I got a conditional offer letter for MSc in International Business. Do we have some group where I can connect with others?

thats amazing!! Unfortunately, I could not find any threads for UCD applicants (undergrad and grad) hence I decided to make one!
Reply 5
Hi! I'm a student in the UK and I'm looking to apply to medical schools in Ireland. I can't seem to find any info so just thought I'd ask here as it's the only thread I could find:tongue:
Does anyone know what sort of grades are required and if irish unis take predicted grades into account?
Original post by saraan
Hi! I'm a student in the UK and I'm looking to apply to medical schools in Ireland. I can't seem to find any info so just thought I'd ask here as it's the only thread I could find:tongue:
Does anyone know what sort of grades are required and if irish unis take predicted grades into account?

Hi, you might be able to find out more info about the CAO/application process here:
https://flipbook.proactive.ie/view/959938320/i/
or on the CAO website. Most universities/colleges should also have a whole section on A-Level applicants on their websites, this is the one for UCD:
https://www.ucd.ie/registry/prospectivestudents/admissions/undergraduateapplicants/a-levelentry/
hi everyone i applied to ucd directly and it says further rewiew on my portal . how much more do i wait ?
Reply 8
Original post by sherdilsherazi
hi everyone i applied to ucd directly and it says further rewiew on my portal . how much more do i wait ?

Yeah, my friend and I have that too!! But today, he got an email and was put on a waiting list for an interview. I got nothing, though, and I am a bit worried. Did you get an email too? Wait, what course did you apply to?
yes got an email, Medicine
Reply 10
Original post by Anonymous
yes got an email, Medicine

Oh, so did you get the same shortlist email or an interview invites email? Also, can I ask if you are an international student or not?
Original post by abd.exe
Oh, so did you get the same shortlist email or an interview invites email? Also, can I ask if you are an international student or not?

i am an international student , got an email stating that iam waitlisted for an interview
Reply 12
Same here. Anyone who applied after 9th Jan can only be put on the waitlist at best (if I remember correctly). Has anyone had an actual interview invite? Has anyone had an interview for UCD med yet? (for international med).
I applied for a foundation course and still haven't heard from there.. I only heard from DCU.. Is their process slow??
Original post by Petra7
Same here. Anyone who applied after 9th Jan can only be put on the waitlist at best (if I remember correctly). Has anyone had an actual interview invite? Has anyone had an interview for UCD med yet? (for international med).

i applied via iumc and had my interview 15/2! im an international student applying for med too
Reply 15
Original post by soyabene
i applied via iumc and had my interview 15/2! im an international student applying for med too

Congratulations! All the best for your application. What was your interview like?
Original post by Petra7
Congratulations! All the best for your application. What was your interview like?

thank u ^^ it was pretty casual! more towards the professor trying to understand my background more :smile: i think the interview lasted around 8-10 mins for me. did u apply to ucd directly?
Reply 17
Original post by soyabene
thank u ^^ it was pretty casual! more towards the professor trying to understand my background more :smile: i think the interview lasted around 8-10 mins for me. did u apply to ucd directly?

Yes, I did. I was told that since I applied after 9th Jan, at best I’d be put on waitlist. I then got that email (like some others on here) a few days ago about being put on a waitlist. Where are you applying from?
Original post by Petra7
Yes, I did. I was told that since I applied after 9th Jan, at best I’d be put on waitlist. I then got that email (like some others on here) a few days ago about being put on a waitlist. Where are you applying from?

i applied before 9th but was still put on waiting list although i was asked for a few documents afterwards
Reply 19
Original post by sherdilsherazi
i applied before 9th but was still put on waiting list although i was asked for a few documents afterwards

Have you heard anything since then?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending