sinnybby
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi, I’m in my third year and looking at options for after i graduate. I plan on applying for university led PGCE courses but the problem is that because of the lockdown last year I don’t have any teaching experience and i’m thinking that will affect my application process. I’m thinking of doing some work experience in a school in february and then applying to the pgce programs but it seems like it’s going to be too late because a lot of people on my course are already starting to get interviews for pgce even without experience. I’m also doing a summer internship over the summer in a school abroad and i think would look good on my cv. When do you think i should apply?
1secondsofvamps
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by sinnybby)
Hi, I’m in my third year and looking at options for after i graduate. I plan on applying for university led PGCE courses but the problem is that because of the lockdown last year I don’t have any teaching experience and i’m thinking that will affect my application process. I’m thinking of doing some work experience in a school in february and then applying to the pgce programs but it seems like it’s going to be too late because a lot of people on my course are already starting to get interviews for pgce even without experience. I’m also doing a summer internship over the summer in a school abroad and i think would look good on my cv. When do you think i should apply?
Applications opened last month. You have until July/August 2022 to apply, but more competitive providers will close earlier once spaces are filled up.
You can apply now. Just mention in your personal statement that you are hoping to gain work experience sometime in the next few months, at least that shows you are trying to be proactive about it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (37)
9.61%
Okay (112)
29.09%
A bit lacking (145)
37.66%
Not good at all (91)
23.64%

Watched Threads