The Student Room Group

Being bullied

So I'm doing a software engineering course but I have to do group work for some things and this guy in my group called me a ***** cos we have to give feedback on the course and I said that I'm having a problem with my pair programming partner cos he does everything. Then right after that he said that his problem is *****es. I didn't say anything but it obviously about me. And another guy changed my work and keep bossing me around and does everything. I don't say anything cos I don't like confrontation but it making me wanna quit the course. I told my teacher that I want to work on my own but he won't let me and he didn't say anything when this guy said the f word in front of everyone so what should I do??
Don't quit your course at all. I have a similar problem, people in my course being a jerk. If they say something rude to you, you should say something back. It seems scary to do, but it will make you feel confident in the end. You deal with these things the more you grow up but this is part of learning.

If the guy swears at you, you should tell him to go away and he might get the message. If he still keeps cursing, you can either ignore him or work with him but sit far away
1st off im sorry thats happening to u those ppl seem so rude ... i agree with above u should say something back to them, its intimidating to think about standing up for yourself but it shows them not to mess with u and does give u more confidence as well. maybe tell your teacher that if you cant work on your own you want to work with somebody else because the person youre working with is obviously impacting ur work and emotions so maybe tell your teacher that. ur teacher doesnt sound the best either, maybe go to someone higher in power if you have to? hope it goes well
Learn to deal with it. People are idiots all the time in the real world. If he insults you, just confront him about it, use his words against him. Insulting them back isn't the greatest of ideas. Keep your cool when confronting others cos he's still your group mate. Literally express your problems to him. He's not going to just know what you're unhappy about. Someone people say stupid things, only contact higher authority when you've done everything you can.

I guess treat this as a negotiation exercise cos there still is higher authority. The real problem is when theres no higher authority.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending