Here’s something...

Watch this thread
(Loading)
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
I enjoy English Language for GCSE, and I think it’s a good subject. However, the only thing I never look forward to is when the teacher shouts and raises her voice to yell at the people who won’t learn their persuasive language devices. I feel like I’m failing, and I shouldn’t feel like it all because other people won’t listen. All we do most of the time is write PEE (Point Evidence Explain) paragraphs, which I don’t mind at all. Once Summer comes, I’m worried I’m gonna end up forgetting all the language devices and we’ll have to go over it all over again in Year 12. Anything to help me out? I really enjoy GCSE English, and I like my English teacher, but I don’t want to be stuck in this loop.
Astraea56
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 months ago
If I understood right, you're doing fine academically, but feel like your teacher is talking to you even when she is actually directing criticism at other ppl? If that's the case, just keep reminding yourself that she isn't talking to you. Maybe ask her if she has any tips for memorising language devices? That way you'll address your worries about year 12, show the teacher that you're working hard, and she might give you some reassurance
squirrelmonkey12
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by (Loading))
I enjoy English Language for GCSE, and I think it’s a good subject. However, the only thing I never look forward to is when the teacher shouts and raises her voice to yell at the people who won’t learn their persuasive language devices. I feel like I’m failing, and I shouldn’t feel like it all because other people won’t listen. All we do most of the time is write PEE (Point Evidence Explain) paragraphs, which I don’t mind at all. Once Summer comes, I’m worried I’m gonna end up forgetting all the language devices and we’ll have to go over it all over again in Year 12. Anything to help me out? I really enjoy GCSE English, and I like my English teacher, but I don’t want to be stuck in this loop.
Hey there!
From the sounds of it, it's not your actual essay writing that's the problem but remembering the persuasive language devices?
I guess the only thing you can really do is find texts, poems, anything, and just look through them and see how many you can pick out. That way you'll get better at actively looking out for them and you could even give yourself a mental checklist so you know what to search for with each extract :-)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your SQA results?

They're better than I expected (20)
31.75%
They're what I expected (19)
30.16%
They're worse than what I expected (24)
38.1%

Watched Threads