How do you address Childhood Trauma?

Watch
Lovepandas87
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I just realised that my brain has blocked out a lot of my childhood because it was traumatic. sometimes, I can think of something that my brain has blocked out and start crying. I want to address my childhood traumas however, I am scared because it is the type of memories I wish I could forget forever.
username4933106
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 weeks ago
What do you mean by “address”

- ask others for support
- talk to people with similar experiences
- professional help

Etc
Last edited by username4933106; 2 weeks ago
Lovepandas87
Rep:
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by username4933106)
What do you mean by “address”

- ask others for support
- talk to people with similar experiences
- professional help

Etc
perhaps 'Address' is wrong, but I am unexperienced in all you have mentioned. I honestly do not know how to seek something that would benefit me
Last edited by Lovepandas87; 2 weeks ago
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Your brain has blocked them out for a reason. Trying to address those things could really destabilise your mental health and cause more harm than good. Think really hard whether it is really something you need to do at this point in your life.
CosmicApathy1
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Name:  E63BDB32-7488-43E4-BF42-4753B3A33D9B.jpeg
Views: 8
Size:  65.3 KB
Anonymous #1
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by black tea)
Your brain has blocked them out for a reason. Trying to address those things could really destabilise your mental health and cause more harm than good. Think really hard whether it is really something you need to do at this point in your life.
Yeah but if the person is getting flashbacks and it's affecting their present life it could also be a sign they need to move on somehow.

OP you might want to consider therapy/counseling around overcoming trauma. It's hard to do alone if things become too overwhelming but it's possible with some guidance and support pacing it carefully. If you feell 'called' to do this work then it might be needed.
Ciel.
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
you shouldn't attempt that on your own, without a psychiatrist and a therapist
Last edited by Ciel.; 2 weeks ago
1secondsofvamps
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Look up inner child healing
Lovepandas87
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
you shouldn't attempt that on your own, without a psychiatrist and a therapist
yes I am currently searching for a therapist
Lovepandas87
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Yeah but if the person is getting flashbacks and it's affecting their present life it could also be a sign they need to move on somehow.

OP you might want to consider therapy/counseling around overcoming trauma. It's hard to do alone if things become too overwhelming but it's possible with some guidance and support pacing it carefully. If you feell 'called' to do this work then it might be needed.
Yes, I do have unnecessary flashback if I watch something just on youtube or if I am on any social media. it does get me randomly. I feel like it could be a sign to finally address it to move on.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (37)
9.61%
Okay (112)
29.09%
A bit lacking (145)
37.66%
Not good at all (91)
23.64%

Watched Threads