Can i complete IAS Level in 5 months? From edexcel

Watch
Student time
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I am Giving Igsce In November 2021 and 5 Months left for June Examination within that time Can i complete IAS. I am Taking 3 Subjects Biology, Chemistry, Physics or Maths whichever will be Easy. I am a private Candidate will Self Study. I am Willing to study 10 Hours a day.
Won't have that Much Problem with Motivation or Procrastination. (Learned it the Hard Way)
If I it's not possible to complete what course of action do you suggest Me?
Ava_Watson
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Student time)
I am Giving Igsce In November 2021 and 5 Months left for June Examination within that time Can i complete IAS. I am Taking 3 Subjects Biology, Chemistry, Physics or Maths whichever will be Easy. I am a private Candidate will Self Study. I am Willing to study 10 Hours a day.
Won't have that Much Problem with Motivation or Procrastination. (Learned it the Hard Way)
If I it's not possible to complete what course of action do you suggest Me?
It can be possible for physics and math put not so easy for bio n Chem they r quite heavy in content
Whereas math n physics r all about amount of practice u put in so hope this is helpful
Student time
Rep:
(Original post by Ava_Watson)
It can be possible for physics and math put not so easy for bio n Chem they r quite heavy in content
Whereas math n physics r all about amount of practice u put in so hope this is helpful
Which one will be Easy In Your Opinion Physics Or Maths.
Then I think i may give At least 1 unit for Bio and Chem and Maybe The Practicals too.
Here is My study Schedule 4 hours At morning from 6 or 7 am
3 hours at Afternoon starting at 1pm
Rest 3 At night
Total 10. 1 Hour for each Unit. Extra 1 hour backup.
Ava_Watson
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
Which one will be Easy In Your Opinion Physics Or Maths.
Then I think i may give At least 1 unit for Bio and Chem and Maybe The Practicals too.
Here is My study Schedule 4 hours At morning from 6 or 7 am
3 hours at Afternoon starting at 1pm
Rest 3 At night
Total 10. 1 Hour for each Unit. Extra 1 hour backup.
Physics is pretty OK if you put enough practice in thinly new topics in physics that R difficult are mechanics and quantum physics the rest is pretty simple and matches a bit with igcse
For math if u can grasp the new ideas quickly n practice the repeating questions u can pass it
The difficulty in math is u are supposed to finish 3 parts P1 p2 and another of your choice from mechanics statistics or decision math these can be tough

On the other hand biology is not difficult only content heavy
Chemistery is everything combined but the p1 is not all new it has some ideas from igcse with more expansion to them

If u need some resources to study feel free to ask

I suggest u study all 4 if u need to and focus on giving exams for math and physics
Maths has 3 books with 8 topics each so if u study 1 topic per week while practicing questions u can do the exam in 5 moths
As for physics there r 4 chapters with parts in them but some r big n some r small but for physics questions style is different from igcse so it takes a while to get used to it
Best of luck
Student time
Rep:
Physics is pretty OK if you put enough practice in thinly new topics in physics that R difficult are mechanics and quantum physics the rest is pretty simple and matches a bit with igcse
For math if u can grasp the new ideas quickly n practice the repeating questions u can pass it
The difficulty in math is u are supposed to finish 3 parts P1 p2 and another of your choice from mechanics statistics or decision math these can be tough

On the other hand biology is not difficult only content heavy
Chemistery is everything combined but the p1 is not all new it has some ideas from igcse with more expansion to them

If u need some resources to study feel free to ask

I suggest u study all 4 if u need to and focus on giving exams for math and physics
Maths has 3 books with 8 topics each so if u study 1 topic per week while practicing questions u can do the exam in 5 moths
As for physics there r 4 chapters with parts in them but some r big n some r small but for physics questions style is different from igcse so it takes a while to get used to it
Best of luck
Thanks Ava_Watson For Replying. Yes, Some Resources would be Much Appreciated
As I would Self Study. I would only take 3 due to short time. Thinking of giving some in October
How is the Practicals (unit 3) Are they difficult like unit 1 and 2
Btw did you Complete A level how was It For You.
Last edited by Student time; 2 months ago
Ava_Watson
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
Thanks Ava_Watson For Replying. Yes, Some Resources would be Much Appreciated
As I would Self Study. I would only take 3 due to short time. Thinking of giving some in October
How is the Practicals (unit 3) Are they difficult like unit 1 and 2
Btw did you Complete A level how was It For You.
So practical papers are simple as long as you are familiar with all the core practices of the subject and basic experimental knowledge

So I've finished IAS fo all subjects this June and am now doing A-levels the 2nd part
They were not easy but I managed to make it through for physics I only found the mechanics part difficult but the rest was fairly OK same for bio n Chem not difficult as long as u grasp the concept fast n then do lots of topic questions because similar questions repeat

Resources :
Chemistery - Miss Natellie Chemistry (youtube channel) the best as it explains each topic n sole exam questions at end of video
A-level chemistry notes (website)
Allery chemistry (youtube channel (

Physics : physics online (youtube channel)
Gorilla physics (YouTube channel)

Phyics math tutor (website) has everything from notes to questions for all subjects
Student time
Rep:
So practical papers are simple as long as you are familiar with all the core practices of the subject and basic experimental knowledge

So I've finished IAS fo all subjects this June and am now doing A-levels the 2nd part
They were not easy but I managed to make it through for physics I only found the mechanics part difficult but the rest was fairly OK same for bio n Chem not difficult as long as u grasp the concept fast n then do lots of topic questions because similar questions repeat

Resources :
Chemistery - Miss Natellie Chemistry (youtube channel) the best as it explains each topic n sole exam questions at end of video
A-level chemistry notes (website)
Allery chemistry (youtube channel (

Physics : physics online (youtube channel)
Gorilla physics (YouTube channel)

Phyics math tutor (website) has everything from notes to questions for all subjects
Thanks Ava. I deeply Appreciate Your Response. I was really freaking Out About A level from Peer Pressure to Parents Expectation.
I wrote the main Question 3 hours before My chemistry paper 2 (I am Still giving Igsce) couldn't focus on studying it, needed to Con firm my fears About alevel. I decided that I will take Biology, Chemistry and Math(As Physics Requires knowledge From A level Maths).
Got Advice From Former A level student Told me To Give 5 units in June and 4 units in October convinced my parents it is Not possible to study for 5 months and get decent grades(for all 9 units) in A level.(he repeated As level twice, so it was convincing)

Again Thanks Ava, For Taking time to response To my Problem.(I really needed from someone to tell me to its possible at that time)
I wish, You Get Your Very Best Grade for As level.
Good luck.
Ava_Watson
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
Thanks Ava. I deeply Appreciate Your Response. I was really freaking Out About A level from Peer Pressure to Parents Expectation.
I wrote the main Question 3 hours before My chemistry paper 2 (I am Still giving Igsce) couldn't focus on studying it, needed to Con firm my fears About alevel. I decided that I will take Biology, Chemistry and Math(As Physics Requires knowledge From A level Maths).
Got Advice From Former A level student Told me To Give 5 units in June and 4 units in October convinced my parents it is Not possible to study for 5 months and get decent grades(for all 9 units) in A level.(he repeated As level twice, so it was convincing)

Again Thanks Ava, For Taking time to response To my Problem.(I really needed from someone to tell me to its possible at that time)
I wish, You Get Your Very Best Grade for As level.
Good luck.
Thankyou and all the best to you
Its just we all should try to help out cuz I was once in the same spot and so overwhelmed
So yea best of luck for A-levels
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (5)
6.67%
October 2021 (41)
54.67%
November 2021 (9)
12%
December 2021 (7)
9.33%
January 2021 (6)
8%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (5)
6.67%