UCAS Similarity Report is blank

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi, I applied on October 15 and when I checked the similarity report it's still blank — does anybody know why nothing will show up?

Also, I am not worried about me plagiarising, but I shared my PS after submitting with a friend whom I know but not that close to. I'm just worried she or anybody who she shared to (who didn't submit their UCAS application yet), might plagiarise. If this happened, then will my personal statement show up as plagiarised, although I submitted my application way before theirs? (I know I shouldn't have shared my PS until I received all of my offers, but just happened...)

Thanks in advance.
becca_sneyd
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi, I applied on October 15 and when I checked the similarity report it's still blank — does anybody know why nothing will show up?

Also, I am not worried about me plagiarising, but I shared my PS after submitting with a friend whom I know but not that close to. I'm just worried she or anybody who she shared to (who didn't submit their UCAS application yet), might plagiarise. If this happened, then will my personal statement show up as plagiarised, although I submitted my application way before theirs? (I know I shouldn't have shared my PS until I received all of my offers, but just happened...)

Thanks in advance.
I don't think you have access to see the similarity report unless you are the centre that you applied from (assuming you're at school). You might be able to ask a teacher to see it if you're worried, but if there were over 30% similarities with other PS then you would have been notified by now so I wouldn't worry!
sararah04
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by becca_sneyd)
I don't think you have access to see the similarity report unless you are the centre that you applied from (assuming you're at school). You might be able to ask a teacher to see it if you're worried, but if there were over 30% similarities with other PS then you would have been notified by now so I wouldn't worry!
ooohhh I see! thank you so much for your help
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
t I shared my PS after submitting with a friend
That was a very silly thing to do. You should never share your work, even after you have submitted it. I hope it all works out OK but you could get into serious trouble (including being kicked off your course) if you do this at uni so please be careful in the future and don't allow people to see your work.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by black tea)
That was a very silly thing to do. You should never share your work, even after you have submitted it. I hope it all works out OK but you could get into serious trouble (including being kicked off your course) if you do this at uni so please be careful in the future and don't allow people to see your work.
I see I see thank you so much for your advice. Will make sure it doesn't happen again.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (137)
33.83%
Yes - a trusted person (107)
26.42%
No (109)
26.91%
I'm not sure (52)
12.84%

Watched Threads