Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I feel like I ****ed up in life. 😭😭😭 I feel like I keep on wasting time on what Im doing
This summer I didnt do well in my as mocks. I took Maths bio chem and phys. So I worked so hard during the summer holidays to bring them up. I dropped math because I realised I was so stressed in that subject. When I did the resits, I still didnt improve. O got A* BB as my predicted, so I was unable to apply for medicine.

Now Im struggling with these A levels - Bio, chem and phys - I completely changed my plans for biomed in one month which was stressful, but now I dont really know what I want to do in life. Ive been trying to change my revision techniques, everything and I still struggle to keep up and I am falling behind. I have issues at home as a young carer, and family issues, losing my friends and a death of someone I loved and pressured about UCAS stuff and personal statement. All together I get worn out everyday before I can get time to study

I had this constant feeling tho for the past few months that I lost my interest in the sciences. I realised I dont like studying bio,chem and phys anymore, not mainly because its hard but because I cant see myself actually pursueing a career related to it. I find it boring and tedious now. I feel like I would want to do something else,like business or something in the social sciences.

So Im lost. I have mocks in 3 days, which could be used for my TAGS and I really feel like should I even go on. I dont really want to do these A levels anymore as I feel like it wont help me in the end since I want to do something different. So I feel stuck here....... and my mental health is on its last string.............

So I dont know what I want to do anymore. I tried everything. I tried my best in everything and still no progress. Ive been holding my patience to not give up for so long but I don't know what to do. And all of this in the end for nothing because I wasted my time with subjects I realised I dont like anymore.

I dont have the energy anymore.Im at the very bottom of things now. Im so tired and in pain so much.......... I just want it over now. So I need help pls............................ I just need to talk to someone.......
Last edited by Interrobang; 1 week ago
ashvinsingh
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I feel like I ****ed up in life. 😭😭😭 I feel like I keep on wasting time on what Im doing
This summer I didnt do well in my as mocks. I took Maths bio chem and phys. So I worked so hard during the summer holidays to bring them up. I dropped math because I realised I was so stressed in that subject. When I did the resits, I still didnt improve. O got A* BB as my predicted, so I was unable to apply for medicine.

Now Im struggling with these A levels - Bio, chem and phys - I completely changed my plans for biomed in one month which was stressful, but now I dont really know what I want to do in life. Ive been trying to change my revision techniques, everything and I still struggle to keep up and I am falling behind. I have issues at home as a young carer, and family issues, losing my friends and a death of someone I loved and pressured about UCAS stuff and personal statement. All together I get worn out everyday before I can get time to study

I had this constant feeling tho for the past few months that I lost my interest in the sciences. I realised I dont like studying bio,chem and phys anymore, not mainly because its hard but because I cant see myself actually pursueing a career related to it. I find it boring and tedious now. I feel like I would want to do something else,like business or something in the social sciences.

So Im lost. I have mocks in 3 days, which could be used for my TAGS and I really feel like should I even go on. I dont really want to do these A levels anymore as I feel like it wont help me in the end since I want to do something different. So I feel stuck here....... and my mental health is on its last string.............

So I dont know what I want to do anymore. I tried everything. I tried my best in everything and still no progress. Ive been holding my patience to not give up for so long but I don't know what to do. And all of this in the end for nothing because I wasted my time with subjects I realised I dont like anymore.

I dont have the energy anymore.Im at the very bottom of things now. Im so tired and in pain so much.......... I just want it over now. So I need help pls............................ I just need to talk to someone.......
If needed you could not apply this year, you could sit your exams see what you get if you don’t do as well as you hoped then resit your exams it’s much better to take more time than not enough time and definitely ask your teachers for support. You’re not alone
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ashvinsingh)
If needed you could not apply this year, you could sit your exams see what you get if you don’t do as well as you hoped then resit your exams it’s much better to take more time than not enough time and definitely ask your teachers for support. You’re not alone
That was my plan. Not apply this year and focus on my grades. But its been soo long, trying everything to improve my grades, I dont see progress😥😥😥😥 And trying to hard has made me sooo tired nowadays. I have asked teachers as well and tget r supportive, but I dont know, I just dont get it anymore.
It came to a point that I dont like my a levels. I dont like my choices.
Anonymous #1
That was my plan. Not apply this year and focus on my grades. But its been soo long, trying everything to improve my grades, I dont see progress😥😥😥😥 And trying to hard has made me sooo tired nowadays. I have asked teachers as well and tget r supportive, but I dont know, I just dont get it anymore.
It came to a point that I dont like my a levels. I dont like my choices.
*they are supportive

I have mocks tomorrow, and I dont know if I will do well but Im exhausted. And its stressing me even more that they will use this for my TAGs if exams are cancelled again. Its just too much pressure at the moment.

I find it hard to keep up by practicing questions and learn content now. It exhausts me. I try to make a time table for all of this but its hard to stick to it with my other responsibilities as well. I know I should take it one step at a time, but I feel like Im spending too much time on one topic to understand, that Im lacking behind with other topics and its so tiring
ashvinsingh
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
*they are supportive

I have mocks tomorrow, and I dont know if I will do well but Im exhausted. And its stressing me even more that they will use this for my TAGs if exams are cancelled again. Its just too much pressure at the moment.

I find it hard to keep up by practicing questions and learn content now. It exhausts me. I try to make a time table for all of this but its hard to stick to it with my other responsibilities as well. I know I should take it one step at a time, but I feel like Im spending too much time on one topic to understand, that Im lacking behind with other topics and its so tiring
Sit your mocks. See how you do. If you flop them, talk to your teachers about resitting the year. A*BB are great predictions, even with CCC there’s still an option of doing a foundation year and progressing onto a degree. Remember university isn’t essential there’s also apprentices or working your way up a company. Think you need to have a long chat with your teachers.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
*they are supportive

I am in the exact same boat so its nice to know others are feeling the same way. I am doing A level maths, bio and chem - i didnt so good on my year 12 - i got BCC and had end of september mocks to - I got again BCC. Intially i chose those subjects because i wanted to medicine but end of year 12 (around June, July 2021) realised I am not worthy and can't commit. I didn't know what I wanted to do now so had been stressing for the past couple of weeks on choosing a course for uni and doing my UCAS personal statement (which I can't lie wasn't the best - i sent it off regardless and didn't care anymore). I have mocks in a months time and worried to as I hardly know all of year 12 content for maths, bio and chemistry and have to relarn all of it and on top of that learn all of year 13 content + I have to fix my timing and my handwriting which are both atrocious.

I also tried to make a timetable but my time management is poor and didnt stick to it either. I am also pretty slow to and i get you when you say you feel like your spending too much time on one subject. The thing is I noticed is we have to do the work regardless but its better to be smart about it. I wish someone out their on TSR could give us tips and tricks on how to work SMARTER for A levels and NOT Harder! - thats the only solution i guess
Anonymous #1
Sit your mocks. See how you do. If you flop them, talk to your teachers about resitting the year. A*BB are great predictions, even with CCC there’s still an option of doing a foundation year and progressing onto a degree. Remember university isn’t essential there’s also apprentices or working your way up a company. Think you need to have a long chat with your teachers
Yh I talked to my head of year already about the possibility of resitting tge year and they said no regardless. So that option is gone. I had long chats with my teachers already, and I thought I was confident afterwards, but seems not. I kinda feel stupid if I talked to them again feeling I did no progress and actually doing worse tgab before despite listening to their advice, but I will do it again thanks. After the mocks I will talk to them and make some arrangement.
Anonymous #1
I am in the exact same boat so its nice to know others are feeling the same way. I am doing A level maths, bio and chem - i didnt so good on my year 12 - i got BCC and had end of september mocks to - I got again BCC. Intially i chose those subjects because i wanted to medicine but end of year 12 (around June, July 2021) realised I am not worthy and can't commit. I didn't know what I wanted to do now so had been stressing for the past couple of weeks on choosing a course for uni and doing my UCAS personal statement (which I can't lie wasn't the best - i sent it off regardless and didn't care anymore). I have mocks in a months time and worried to as I hardly know all of year 12 content for maths, bio and chemistry and have to relarn all of it and on top of that learn all of year 13 content + I have to fix my timing and my handwriting which are both atrocious.

I also tried to make a timetable but my time management is poor and didnt stick to it either. I am also pretty slow to and i get you when you say you feel like your spending too much time on one subject. The thing is I noticed is we have to do the work regardless but its better to be smart about it. I wish someone out their on TSR could give us tips and tricks on how to work SMARTER for A levels and NOT Harder! - thats the only solution i guess
Yes exactly me😅😅😅 plus I forget the mistakes I keep on doing and its hard to keep track I realise. Im trying tho. But I feel like Im wasting time now🥺🥺🥺 yh I want to know how to work smarter and nit harder😭😭😭😭😭 but i keep changing my routine because of it, and it ends up not working for some time, taking too long and I fail😭😭😭 I think I cannot make a timetable or study plan for myself because it never works. I need someone to be there to help me make it😅😅 if that makes sense
ashvinsingh
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Yh I talked to my head of year already about the possibility of resitting tge year and they said no regardless. So that option is gone. I had long chats with my teachers already, and I thought I was confident afterwards, but seems not. I kinda feel stupid if I talked to them again feeling I did no progress and actually doing worse tgab before despite listening to their advice, but I will do it again thanks. After the mocks I will talk to them and make some arrangement.
What subjects do you enjoy? Would you rather work in an office or with people? Look on unifrog or prospects find what you want to do and then work towards doing it there’s not just one pathway remember
ashvinsingh
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Working smarter - maths - ONLY practice questions and a LOT of them (drfrostmaths or hegartymaths) Chemistry - LOT of practice questions + make summary cards (use physics and math tutor and do past papers). Biology - memorise the specification + practice questions. Search up active recall and spaced repetition it’s the best way to cover a lot of content with few hiurs
Anonymous #1
What subjects do you enjoy? Would you rather work in an office or with people? Look on unifrog or prospects find what you want to do and then work towards doing it there’s not just one pathway remember
Yh thats the thing. I dont know at this point😥 I did look at unifrog and prospects, I havent found anyhing I really like. I dont like to be working in an office thats for sure. I was thinking now take a gap year and think afterwards. Because honestly I realised when I keep thinking about what I want to do in the future, it stresses me out and affects my performance on getting work done, knowing that these subjects have uncertainty now that I will be successful in them😥 My plan is to try getting the grades now as my main focus. I feel like if I did apply to a course, getvan offer and when I am revising for the real exams ( if they happen hopefully) im gonna be procrastinating about my uni offers then if I could achieve it. I know I have problems controllig my anxiety. Its hard to admit it but I seen it gone worse, hence procrastination as well. So applying for something now really isnt helping me. And I feel like Im gonna be left behind now😥😥

Hopefully a gap year will help me think then. I just need time, but I cant because of all of this mess if u get what I mean. But I think I dont want something in the science/ medical field anymore. As I cant control my stress and anxiety for studying them now.
Anonymous #1
Working smarter - maths - ONLY practice questions and a LOT of them (drfrostmaths or hegartymaths) Chemistry - LOT of practice questions + make summary cards (use physics and math tutor and do past papers). Biology - memorise the specification + practice questions. Search up active recall and spaced repetition it’s the best way to cover a lot of content with few hiurs
How would you structure your revision throughout the year until the real exams? Like manage to get everything done and have time to practice everything? I struggle splitting up the work and everything. Splitting up when to do past paper questions and making sure I am confideny with the topics. Because I know some topics in bio and chem I am confident, but when it comes to the exam I still mess up. So I have he habit of repeating the whole content again and again regardless I know it. Idk if thats wrong but how should I split up my time then?
Anonymous #1
How would you structure your revision throughout the year until the real exams? Like manage to get everything done and have time to practice everything? I struggle splitting up the work and everything. Splitting up when to do past paper questions and making sure I am confideny with the topics. Because I know some topics in bio and chem I am confident, but when it comes to the exam I still mess up. So I have he habit of repeating the whole content again and again regardless I know it. Idk if thats wrong but how should I split up my time then?
Also be able to juggle all ur subjects? Do I revise all three subjects everyday? Or focus obe one subject per week
Anonymous #1
Yes exactly me😅😅😅 plus I forget the mistakes I keep on doing and its hard to keep track I realise. Im trying tho. But I feel like Im wasting time now🥺🥺🥺 yh I want to know how to work smarter and nit harder😭😭😭😭😭 but i keep changing my routine because of it, and it ends up not working for some time, taking too long and I fail😭😭😭 I think I cannot make a timetable or study plan for myself because it never works. I need someone to be there to help me make it😅😅 if that makes sense
I think what is hard is that Im still behind on year 12 content, and I have to cover year 13 content now. I was thinking maybe after mocks during christmas I learn the topics in advance before I go back to school, but it may be stress ful because I havent had a break over summer and this term. Plus year 12 content wont be covered. I did september mocks as well and got A* CC ( chem and phys CC) so Im doing worse at this point
ashvinsingh
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
My plan is to aim for 9 hours of revision per week (3 per subject). If I have a full day of school of chem and bio I’d do maths revision at home. So aim to do work on each subject almost every day
Anonymous #1
Yh i will search up more active recall methods. But do u have any method u do for active recall? Just curious it might help me.
ashvinsingh
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Yh i will search up more active recall methods. But do u have any method u do for active recall? Just curious it might help me.
Blurting - writing down anything you know about a topic then write in green pen what you missed after. Repeat until you know it all.
Anonymous #1
Blurting - writing down anything you know about a topic then write in green pen what you missed after. Repeat until you know it all.
K that might help me before my exams tomorrow. Thanks I will try that 😊 Is there any point if me doing more exam questions at this point? Idk if I should do anymore because I done a lot. Its just content im procrastinating if I dont know

I just had this idea now. Is there a routine u do the day before you do the exams? Usually Im lost what to do during this time and I panic. It affects my performance and confidence the next day🥺 Because I get this feeling the day before, I know these topics, should I do them again, and also realuse there I topics I compeltely missed out to revise for and I dont know if I have the time at that point
ashvinsingh
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
K that might help me before my exams tomorrow. Thanks I will try that 😊 Is there any point if me doing more exam questions at this point? Idk if I should do anymore because I done a lot. Its just content im procrastinating if I dont know

I just had this idea now. Is there a routine u do the day before you do the exams? Usually Im lost what to do during this time and I panic. It affects my performance and confidence the next day🥺 Because I get this feeling the day before, I know these topics, should I do them again, and also realuse there I topics I compeltely missed out to revise for and I dont know if I have the time at that point
The day before do a past paper some practice questions and blurting. Aim to get a few hours on revision in then chill and go to sleep early
Anonymous #1
The day before do a past paper some practice questions and blurting. Aim to get a few hours on revision in then chill and go to sleep early
Thanks I will try that thank you.😊 Hope things go well tomorrow.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (19)
8.68%
Okay (64)
29.22%
A bit lacking (82)
37.44%
Not good at all (54)
24.66%

Watched Threads