I hate psychology research methods

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
I'm doing psychology at uni and I love going to the lectures and just the theory side of it. But I just cannot bring myself to like research methods at all!!!! It's not that interesting and my weekly practical session has so much group work, it's so draining. I ended up not going to it today. I don't know how I'm supposed to cope with it for the next few years!
nsnsjss
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 months ago
totally feel you. the theories and studies are the most interesting. the research methods totally ruins it lmao.
random_matt
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 months ago
Should have gone to Birkbeck then. Their BA is actually a BA. But yeah, that bit does suck and you just have to do it.
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm doing psychology at uni and I love going to the lectures and just the theory side of it. But I just cannot bring myself to like research methods at all!!!! It's not that interesting and my weekly practical session has so much group work, it's so draining. I ended up not going to it today. I don't know how I'm supposed to cope with it for the next few years!
Hi

Are there compulsory research methods throughout your course? Although i don't do psychology, i do a similar subject with research methods and unfortunately it's just something i have to endure! Are you able to pick optional modules on your course? In my second year, although still having to do research methods for one of my modules, my optional modules i picked helped me stay motivated because they were topics i was really interested in. I hope you can do the same!

Andrew
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
(Original post by University of Portsmouth Student Rep)
Hi

Are there compulsory research methods throughout your course? Although i don't do psychology, i do a similar subject with research methods and unfortunately it's just something i have to endure! Are you able to pick optional modules on your course? In my second year, although still having to do research methods for one of my modules, my optional modules i picked helped me stay motivated because they were topics i was really interested in. I hope you can do the same!

Andrew
yes research methods are compulsory for the 3 years. But I am looking forward to the optional module and the other compulsory modules so hopefully that will keep me motivated
ElderlyMedic
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
Wouldn't you be better off just watching stuff on YouTube and doing MOOCs?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (26)
27.96%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (31)
33.33%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (9)
9.68%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
3.23%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (5)
5.38%
I’m starting to consider my university options (13)
13.98%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (4)
4.3%
I’m not planning on going to university (2)
2.15%

Watched Threads