British Male Cuckholdery

Watch
Gaddafi
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
We have an interesting thing going on in Western society.

Men are unknowingly raising children that aren't their own. Depending upon the research study, between 2% and 3.7% of men in Britain are falling victim of this.

This is hundreds of thousands if not a million men. There are more men falling victim of paternity fraud in the UK then there are male homosexuals (and yet this issue seems to receive less interest then that of homophobia.)

Some questions to consider:

1) Have Western men shot themselves in the foot by supporting feminism? (In other countries heads would literally roll over this.)

2) What can be done to sort this issue? Currently all we've seen is Western countries try to sweep the issue under the rug (France has made paternity testing illegal without court permission.)
Last edited by Gaddafi; 2 weeks ago
GodAtum
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 weeks ago
A lot of Western men are so metrosexual these days, thats the problem.
Gaddafi
Rep:
(Original post by GodAtum)
A lot of Western men are so metrosexual these days, thats the problem.
What does metrosexual mean?
GodAtum
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Gaddafi)
What does metrosexual mean?
a heterosexual urban man who enjoys shopping, fashion, and similar interests traditionally associated with women or gay men.
hotpud
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago

Men are unknowingly raising children that aren't their own. Depending upon the research study, between 2% and 3.7% of men in Britain are falling victim of this.

This is hundreds of thousands if not a million men. There are more men falling victim of paternity fraud in the UK then there are male homosexuals (and yet this issue seems to receive less interest then that of homophobia.)

1) Have Western men shot themselves in the foot by supporting feminism? (In other countries heads would literally roll over this.)

2) What can be done to sort this issue? Currently all we've seen is Western countries try to sweep the issue under the rug (France has made paternity testing illegal without court permission.)
Without being able to read the actual study I would suggest this is classic Fleet Street sensationalist red blood pumping nonsense.

So what if men are rising kids that are not their own wittingly or not. Good for them and good for the kids.
Gaddafi
Rep:
(Original post by hotpud)
Without being able to read the actual study I would suggest this is classic Fleet Street sensationalist red blood pumping nonsense.

So what if men are rising kids that are not their own wittingly or not. Good for them and good for the kids.
How is it good for men that they're raising kids that aren't their own without knowing?

You can read the article posted by The Independent. Also, do you ask for the original study before commenting on every thread?

The Independent is a fairly reasonable newspaper you're acting like it's the daily mail
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago

What does feminism have to do with any of this?
hotpud
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
How is it good for men that they're raising kids that aren't their own without knowing?

You can read the article posted by The Independent. Also, do you ask for the original study before commenting on every thread?

The Independent is a fairly reasonable newspaper you're acting like it's the daily mail
How is it bad for men that they are raising kids that aren't there own? And given that this is a tiny minority of men, why are you talking as if this is impacting on men as a whole. And regardless of the men in question, it is undoubtedly good for the kids.

I tried to access the study, but I am not that interested that I am prepared to pay for it.

Stuff happens in this world. I think to extrapolate that there is some underhanded evil going on across the whole of society is just a bit knee jerk to me. I am curious to know how the conclusion was arrived at. It wouldn't surprise me if it was based on a Facebook survey or other dubious data source.
sufys12
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
How is it bad for men that they are raising kids that aren't there own? And given that this is a tiny minority of men, why are you talking as if this is impacting on men as a whole. And regardless of the men in question, it is undoubtedly good for the kids.

I tried to access the study, but I am not that interested that I am prepared to pay for it.

Stuff happens in this world. I think to extrapolate that there is some underhanded evil going on across the whole of society is just a bit knee jerk to me. I am curious to know how the conclusion was arrived at. It wouldn't surprise me if it was based on a Facebook survey or other dubious data source.
Tiny minority? As Gaddafi said it is in fact, more than the amount of gay men (or at least the percentages are similar)... and I've heard nothing of this but a lot about gay men...
It is good for the kids to have a father figure, but is it good for the kids to be raised, not knowing that the man raising them was actually not their true father?
Gaddafi
Rep:

I'm actually mildly surprised by your response. You're brushing off millions of women cheating like its nothing.

It is disgusting that males are raising children that aren't their own without knowing.

Apart from the humilatory aspect, this means they are giving money and time and resources to children that aren't their own. Their own partners are robbing them.

False heirs are being created to their estate and their bloodlines are being polluted.

It doesn't matter if its good for the kids or not, a man does not have a duty to support a random kid he didn't father.
Gaddafi
Rep:
(Original post by Surnia)
What does feminism have to do with any of this?
A lot. If we proposed jailing these women, feminist groups would go berserk.
TCA2b
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
I'm actually mildly surprised by your response. You're brushing off millions of women cheating like its nothing.

It is disgusting that males are raising children that aren't their own without knowing.

Apart from the humilatory aspect, this means they are giving money and time and resources to children that aren't their own. Their own partners are robbing them.

False heirs are being created to their estate and their bloodlines are being polluted.

It doesn't matter if its good for the kids or not, a man does not have a duty to support a random kid he didn't father.
^PRSOM.
SHallowvale
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago

1. No, since feminism has nothing to do with people cheating on their partners (and their partners not knowing about it). Cheating has lasted a lot longer than feminism has. Plus you can be a feminist but not want to raise a child that isn't yours.

2. Paternity testing. It's that simple.
hotpud
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
No - I am saying show me the evidence that your claim is true.

I have found the article that the news article is based on. It is here:

https://lirias.kuleuven.be/retrieve/386653

It isn't a study. It is a referenced magazine article and makes no claims that 1-2% of men are fathering different children. What is does say is this:

"recent work shows that the EPP rate in contemporary populations is in the range of just 1–2% [4,5]. If true, this would be reassuring news for many fathers"

In other words, it has found a study which cites the 1 - 2% figure but questions if this is actually correct or not. I can see a lazy editor of a newspaper pushing this through in the name of sensational journalism without actually making any false or libellous claims even if it is stretching the truth somewhat.

It is interesting to note that studies cited as [4] and [5] are either based on data from Germany or data from around the world and are not necessarily relevant to the UK. They both also use estimation techniques of which only a small error can be extrapolated to be a big over or under estimation.

My conclusion - this is pseudo-science bilge which makes a nice headline and perhaps paves the way for further research but gives us nothing conclusive. It is the sort of article designed specifically to get folks like yourself really worked up about something that probably isn't even really a thing.

But regardless, what business is it of yours anyway?
Last edited by hotpud; 2 weeks ago
Captain Haddock
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
I'm assuming that by 'feminism' here you are referencing things like birth control, right to divorce and general 'sexual liberation'.

I would argue that without these things the overall number of men raising children that are not theirs may well decrease, but, the number of men doing so unknowingly could actually increase. By removing divorce you ensure that women cannot leave their unhappy relationships for their new lovers, and by removing contraception you ensure that any extra-marital sex that occurs would be unprotected, and by imposing conservative attitudes toward sex these women would be more likely to keep everything very secret.
Captain Haddock
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago

It isn't a study. It is a referenced magazine article and makes no claims that 1-2% of men are fathering different children. What is does say is this:

"recent work shows that the EPP rate in contemporary populations is in the range of just 1–2% [4,5]. If true, this would be reassuring news for many fathers"

In other words, it has found a study which cites the 1 - 2% figure but questions if this is actually correct or not. I can see a lazy editor of a newspaper pushing this through in the name of sensational journalism without actually making any false or libellous claims even if it is stretching the truth somewhat.

It is interesting to note that studies cited as [4] and [5] are either based on data from Germany or data from around the world and are not necessarily relevant to the UK. They both also use estimation techniques of which only a small error can be extrapolated to be a big over or under estimation.

My conclusion - this is pseudo-science bilge which makes a nice headline and perhaps paves the way for further research but gives us nothing conclusive. It is the sort of article designed specifically to get folks like yourself really worked up about something that probably isn't even really a thing.

Not only that but several of the referenced studies looked at time periods that go back several centuries and found that the rates have remained static to this day ([7], [10], [11], [12])

Not only that but at least one of the studies argues that the rates were likely to be higher before the introduction of the pill, for reasons similar to those I suggested above:

"Critics, however, point out that in historical times, EPP rates might well have been much higher due to the lack of reliable contraceptive methods and limited knowledge about sexually transmitted diseases. Indeed, in one study, a slight but significant decrease in EPP events was reported following the introduction of the birth control pill".

In other words, OP's claims have been shot in the head by the very research he based them on.
Last edited by Captain Haddock; 2 weeks ago
Crazed cat lady
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
One minute, men on the internet are blaming feminism because women are out having too much fun and not settling down. The next minute, men on the internet are blaming feminism because women are being too selective to date them. Then men on the internet are blaming feminism because women are not popping out enough babies. Now I see men on the internet are blaming feminism because women are popping babies, just not with them.
Last edited by Crazed cat lady; 1 week ago
Gaddafi
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Crazed cat lady)
One minute, men on the internet are blaming feminism because women are out having too much fun and not settling down. The next minute, men on the internet are blaming feminism because women are being too selective to date them. Then men on the internet are blaming feminism because women are not popping out enough babies. Now I see men on the internet are blaming feminism because women are popping babies, just not with them.
Yes, how dare I blame women who lie about paternity and con men out of time and money.

Isn't that just so evil and unreasonable of me! Clearly it is my fault:rolleyes:.
Last edited by Gaddafi; 1 week ago
Gaddafi
Rep:
(Original post by Captain Haddock)
I'm assuming that by 'feminism' here you are referencing things like birth control, right to divorce and general 'sexual liberation'.

I would argue that without these things the overall number of men raising children that are not theirs may well decrease, but, the number of men doing so unknowingly could actually increase. By removing divorce you ensure that women cannot leave their unhappy relationships for their new lovers, and by removing contraception you ensure that any extra-marital sex that occurs would be unprotected, and by imposing conservative attitudes toward sex these women would be more likely to keep everything very secret.
Haddock, do you think the occurrence in Britain is higher or lower then that in Saudi Arabia?
Gaddafi
Rep:
(Original post by Captain Haddock)
Not only that but several of the referenced studies looked at time periods that go back several centuries and found that the rates have remained static to this day ([7], [10], [11], [12])

Not only that but at least one of the studies argues that the rates were likely to be higher before the introduction of the pill, for reasons similar to those I suggested above:

"Critics, however, point out that in historical times, EPP rates might well have been much higher due to the lack of reliable contraceptive methods and limited knowledge about sexually transmitted diseases. Indeed, in one study, a slight but significant decrease in EPP events was reported following the introduction of the birth control pill".

In other words, OP's claims have been shot in the head by the very research he based them on.

There are many studies on this. You can't just say it isn't an issue due to one study.

http://www.childsupportanalysis.co.u..._paternity.htm
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (28)
9.89%
Okay (83)
29.33%
A bit lacking (104)
36.75%
Not good at all (68)
24.03%

Watched Threads