Part Time Job help

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I recently started my first job and it was a lot harder than I was expecting it to be, not just mentally but physically as well. Its a lot of walking backwards and forwards constantly packing stuff away, I finished college 6 months ago and haven't done a lot of walking/excersice since so that could be an explanation?. I have 6hr shifts and after a few hours my feet are in excruciating pain and when I get to the last couple hours in I just cant take it and slow down because of how much pain i'm in. There is nowhere to take a break and sit down either so the only time I have to rest my feet is 20 minutes

Does anyone know of any good shoes to recommend that will take some of the pain away because otherwise, I don't think I'll be able to continue and its not an awful job in terms of what i'm doing. I'm just in so much pain.

My contract is only until the start of Jan so I dont want to spend a lot of money on a pair of shoes that will only be worn for a month. My budget is about 30-40 but may be willing to go up to 50 if necessary.

Either way I need to get some tomorrow asap so I can wear them to my next shift on sunday.

Any help appreciated
tinyperson
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
try amazon
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by tinyperson)
try amazon
I need the shoes by sunday though so I would need to go in store, also it means i can try them out as i have quite small/wide feet.
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
Get insoles - cheaper than new shoes plus more likely to be supportive.

I have these and they allow me to walk all day with no pain:
https://www.amazon.com/ViveSole-Plan...A2/ref=sr_1_1?
Last edited by Sabertooth; 1 week ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (137)
33.83%
Yes - a trusted person (107)
26.42%
No (109)
26.91%
I'm not sure (52)
12.84%

Watched Threads