The Student Room Group

GCSE computer science

Hey you guys so basically I'm in year 11 and have just recieved my result for my CS mock. I achieved a grade 6 overall(COM1 and COM2) which I'm particularly disappointed with. I just don't understand what's wrong when it comes to this subject. I mean the best in the class was a 7 so I'm not sure if it's a case of my teacher or idk. when it comes to other subjects I'm achieving grade 7-9. So I'm not sure, yk? I just would really appreciate any tips or advice on how to revise for CS and also what you may think is the issue? Thank you!

Btw my exam board is OCR.
Hi, I'm not very good at the subject but I can give some advice and hopefully it will help but my teacher has told us to watch craig and dave https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0HzEBLlJxlrwBAHJ5S9JQg also to do past papers and look at the mark schemes to see how there marked.
Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by lknight124
Hi, I'm not very good at the subject but I can give some advice and hopefully it will help but my teacher has told us to watch craig and dave https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0HzEBLlJxlrwBAHJ5S9JQg also to do past papers and look at the mark schemes to see how there marked.
Hope this helps :smile:

Thank you! tbf that's what I've been doing it just doesn't seem to work
Reply 3
Do you know where you went wrong? Like was there a certain topic that you got questions wrong, or did you repeatedly seem to just miss a certain terminology and lose the mark. If it's the first, work on your knowledge in that specific area. If it's the second, look at the mark scheme and see what a question usually requires for the mark.
Reply 4
How is GCSE Computing like? I am considering choosing it for GCSE...
Original post by Smallix

It's okay but it can be a bit hard in some places to understand and as long as you put 110% into every lesson you should be fine :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by lknight124
It's okay but it can be a bit hard in some places to understand and as long as you put 110% into every lesson you should be fine :smile:

Thank you!
Reply 7
Original post by Smallix

I really don't recommend unless your the computer nerd type. It's dreadful

Quick Reply

Latest