I'll do it tomorrow (GYG)

Watch
gw07mcgheerachel
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
About Me
Hi guys. I'm Rachel, a 20 year old final-year Biomedical Science Student at Abertay University in Dundee. I have attempted to create a GYG multiple times but I am probably the worlds worst procrastinator and what starts out as motivation soon dies down after the stress kicks in. I have the attention span of a 5 year-old so I always fall into the habit of studying for 5 mins and then watching Netflix for hours. I'm now in my final most important year so I need to kick my butt into gear.
My Course
I started 4th year in September, so most of my assessments are out the way but I'll post updates as more come up and as my honors project starts. I am a proud woman in STEM and last year did a Hospital Placement working in the Newborn Screening Laboratory in Scotland. I have also applied for 4 Masters courses for next year. I'm always looking to motivate other young people in STEM so happy to answer any questions that may come your way. I am doing my honors project this year on Social Media and IVF "Add-Ons". I'll give more detail on my modules and projects as I post.
Wish Me Luck!
Last edited by gw07mcgheerachel; 2 weeks ago
gw07mcgheerachel
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Week 1
This is my 10th week of University, safe to say I'm not up to date with 10 weeks worth of lectures.. oops

Monday
I travel to Dundee on a Monday morning so early start, up at 5.30am. I have a pathophysiology lecture at 10am. I then have a 3 hour break, which means Tesco Meal deal and intense study. Then another public health lecture at 3pm. After the lecture at 5pm I stay in the library to study some more, get some food and go back to the my Travelodge and sleep for the next morning.
Tuesday
9am genetics lecture, doing genetic modifications this week. After that worked on my essay in the Library then my bus is at 1.15pm. Currently studying on the bus now. I'll be home at 4pm and working 5pm to 8pm.
Plans for Wednesday to Sunday
Aiming to catch up on some genetics lectures. Make some progress on my coursework that's due soon.

Deadlines
Genetics Review Essay on Phenylketonuria due 29th November
Draft Idiopathic Infertility Narrative Essay due 29th November

gw07mcgheerachel
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 day ago
Week 2
Dreadful week filled with stress lol
Monday
Pathophysiology lecture @ 10am
4 hr break - in which I worked in the study room on my pathophysiology essay and submitted genetics essay
Public health lecture @ 3pm
Time to go to the hotel @ 5pm to get my key-card
Off to Lidl for food and back to the Library til 8pm
8.30pm onwards - Shower and Relax
Tuesday
Genetics lecture @ 9am
Library @ 12pm
Bus home @ 1.15pm
Work 5 til 6pm
!! 5.30pm results were released for meta-analysis assessment - C+, upset not the best but I'll take it !!
6pm onwards grabbed a pizza for dinner and done some public health research on Malaria before binging Netflix and bed
Wednesday
Meeting @ 9am to discuss Malaria coursework
Work 12 til 3pm
Made a stir-fry for dinner
Malaria coursework til 10pm
Bed
Plans for Thursday to Sunday
Complete Malaria coursework and study for oral exam

Deadlines
Public Health Select Committee - 6th December
Select Committee Viva - 10th December

Updates
- Going to try and upload some photos through the week so my GYG isn't just filled with text
- Still waiting to hear from all Universities about MSc Applications
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (21)
8.61%
Okay (72)
29.51%
A bit lacking (91)
37.3%
Not good at all (60)
24.59%

Watched Threads