The Student Room Group
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde

Does Strathclyde University have a Personal Tutor system?

I am at Strathclyde University studying Business, in second year. I have been struggling in the vacuum of lockdown and on-line learning to make contact with staff from the School of Business.
I need someone from the faculty staff whom I can talk to about my course work and my assignments.
Other universities operate a Personal Tutor or Personal Advisor system where students have a staff member assigned who has an overview of their work. Strathclyde does not seem to have this; or if it does, I can not find my way into it. I am working in a vacuum with no support. I have not even met any fellow students from my course yet after 18 months. It is very isolating.
Can anyone advise me how it works at Strathclyde University?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Wulbert
I am at Strathclyde University studying Business, in second year. I have been struggling in the vacuum of lockdown and on-line learning to make contact with staff from the School of Business.
I need someone from the faculty staff whom I can talk to about my course work and my assignments.
Other universities operate a Personal Tutor or Personal Advisor system where students have a staff member assigned who has an overview of their work. Strathclyde does not seem to have this; or if it does, I can not find my way into it. I am working in a vacuum with no support. I have not even met any fellow students from my course yet after 18 months. It is very isolating.
Can anyone advise me how it works at Strathclyde University?

Hello @Wulbert! I've just seen your post in our forum. I think I may have reached out to you in one of our other threads already, but please pop me a message via PM when you have a chance! I'll do my best to help :hugs:

- Caitlin :h:
Official University of Strathclyde Rep
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending