What´s wrong with my mum?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
My mum has told me that she feels extremely confused as she thought she had to take a Science test but she hasn´t been to school in ages. I know I´m probably overthinking it but she says things like this have happened before.

(She´s also planning on asking the doctor but we´ve just moved and have to change doctor)
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
Have you never had any weird dreams that made you think random stuff like this?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by black tea)
Have you never had any weird dreams that made you think random stuff like this?
I definitely have but it was in the evening (so way after she had woken up) and she just seems to get confused a lot.
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I definitely have but it was in the evening (so way after she had woken up) and she just seems to get confused a lot.
speaking to a doctor about the confusion definitely sounds like a good plan
Anonymous #1
(Original post by black tea)
speaking to a doctor about the confusion definitely sounds like a good plan
She definitely plans to! I just remembered that she also gets dizzy. She´s been diagnosed with high cholesterol but doesn´t follow her recommended diet and I just don´t really know what to do
rose.clm
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
She definitely plans to! I just remembered that she also gets dizzy. She´s been diagnosed with high cholesterol but doesn´t follow her recommended diet and I just don´t really know what to do
you could try helping out and trying to buy and cook healthy meals for her, unless that's something you do already.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by rose.clm)
you could try helping out and trying to buy and cook healthy meals for her, unless that's something you do already.
I do try and do that occasionally. It´s sometimes a bit difficult though as I´m currently recovering from an ED and it can be triggering at times since she has to eat healthier and I have to let go of eating obsessively ¨healthy¨ I think I might try to go with her when she goes to the doctor and ask them if there is anything else I can do.
rose.clm
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
I do try and do that occasionally. It´s sometimes a bit difficult though as I´m currently recovering from an ED and it can be triggering at times since she has to eat healthier and I have to let go of eating obsessively ¨healthy¨ I think I might try to go with her when she goes to the doctor and ask them if there is anything else I can do.
that does sound like a really tough situation, i'm sorry. i hope the doctor can give you some better advice than me, remember that you caring this much about her is already helping her, you're doing brilliantly.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (89)
34.23%
Yes - a trusted person (73)
28.08%
No (68)
26.15%
I'm not sure (30)
11.54%

Watched Threads