The Student Room Group

A drained week

This week has been so draining , I haven’t revised / worked to the exten of which I normally do . I just feel so tired and exhausted, I have goals and aspirations and when I have a week like this it makes me feel as though they’re impossible . I want to be this desired academically inclined being , but I just feel like a failure all the time , Being at a new school for sixth form definitely adds to that. I found out today that my old schools gcse rate of students who got 4’s or above in every subject was 7.6 % and at the school I’m currently at it was above 95% . It made me feel quite sad , my past school brings me alot of sadness and bad memories and the feeling of failure in disparity to other schools was brought right back - which leads me back to feeling as though my biggest goals are far too out of reach . I know having a bad week is normal and okay , it just feels inescapable.
hey, you're right about how having a bad week is normal! you say you want to be an academically inclined person, but the truth is even the most academically inclined deserve to have a break. you are human, and its okay to want a rest and not be working at 100% all of the time. your past school is in your past, and its hard to completely erase that from your memory, but that school is no longer part of you. you seem to be in a much better school now, and its important to not let meaningless statistics like that affect you, because you are not defined by one simple number. you may have gone to a bad school, but that does not make you a bad student. in fact, based on what you've written, you seem the opposite. you have goals and aspirations, which is an amazing thing. some people may be smart, but in reality they have nothing to work towards because they lack aspirations. you on the other hand, have an end goal and that is always something to focus on. it may seem out of reach, but taking one step at a time can only lead you closer to that goal.
and also, you're also working and revising outside of lessons, which is already more than what some do. you are only a failure when you have no desire to succeed anymore, and so a failure isn't what you are. having a bad week is normal, and i know it can be hard to believe when everything in your life points downwards and you feel like you can never catch up, but knowing what you want is already such a good head start and it really will get better!
Reply 2
Original post by pinklemonjuice
hey, you're right about how having a bad week is normal! you say you want to be an academically inclined person, but the truth is even the most academically inclined deserve to have a break. you are human, and its okay to want a rest and not be working at 100% all of the time. your past school is in your past, and its hard to completely erase that from your memory, but that school is no longer part of you. you seem to be in a much better school now, and its important to not let meaningless statistics like that affect you, because you are not defined by one simple number. you may have gone to a bad school, but that does not make you a bad student. in fact, based on what you've written, you seem the opposite. you have goals and aspirations, which is an amazing thing. some people may be smart, but in reality they have nothing to work towards because they lack aspirations. you on the other hand, have an end goal and that is always something to focus on. it may seem out of reach, but taking one step at a time can only lead you closer to that goal.
and also, you're also working and revising outside of lessons, which is already more than what some do. you are only a failure when you have no desire to succeed anymore, and so a failure isn't what you are. having a bad week is normal, and i know it can be hard to believe when everything in your life points downwards and you feel like you can never catch up, but knowing what you want is already such a good head start and it really will get better!

I cannot thank you enough, your kind words have brought me so much happiness . I’ve felt quite down recently, and your response has genuinely provided me smile - Thankyou . Your points are extremely valuable to me , as though you really understand ,at a point in my life where I don’t think anyone really gets me or my feelings . I wish you all the best , and Thankyou once again for your kind words, I’m incredibly grateful.

Quick Reply

Latest