The Student Room Group

Thoughts & question regarding the University for the Creative Arts

Hello there, I'm looking to apply for a postgraduate degree in music management or something relevant (arts management etc.).

I've listed a bunch of universities but for the University for the Creative Arts specifically, I've stumbled upon many things that don't make a lot of sense and kind of me tick me off.

Specifically, these things make me wonder in general:

Guardian rates UCA highly, yet the complete university guide and the Times, position it later down on the rankings. Why the massive gap?

In Wikipedia the UCA page is rather small and vague, and the student numbers are from 2015-2016, which is super odd.

In QS, UCA has a rather empty profile, compared to other UK universities, even those that are placed in the bottom of every ranking (Middlesex, Westminster etc.)

I checked the virtual tour of Epsom campus, and half the halls/rooms look empty and under construction. What's up with that?

Also, pretty much nobody in here talks about UCA. So, that's that.

The thing is, my next option is the University of Southampton, which is amazing but way more expensive (international student here), with the other viable alternative being UCA as I said (course-wise at least and I like the location more). So I'm trying to make sense of UCA first.

Research on University of Southampton for example has been way simpler, and overall it looks more legit, every piece of information I need, I find.

If anybody has opinions on anything related to UCA, just let me know please, I'd appreciate it very much.
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending