Studyyeah
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Is there any way in which I can do a level 3 extended diploma for free? and if I can't then how much would it normally be?
Studyyeah
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
(Original post by Studyyeah)
Is there any way in which I can do a level 3 extended diploma for free? and if I can't then how much would it normally be?
and at what age do people normally start doing the extended diploma?
bamtutor
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
It's free if you are 16-19 and don't have any other Level 3 qualification. Otherwise it can cost between 3-5 thousand per year. You would be cheaper doing an Access course of you aren't eligible for a BTEC and you need UCAS points.
Studyyeah
Rep:
(Original post by bamtutor)
It's free if you are 16-19 and don't have any other Level 3 qualification. Otherwise it can cost between 3-5 thousand per year. You would be cheaper doing an Access course of you aren't eligible for a BTEC and you need UCAS points.
If your below 16, then is there anything you can do in order to better your chances into university?
Studyyeah
Rep:
Also, if you apply to get a level 3 diploma, then do you need to take a gap year?
bamtutor
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
If you're under 16 then focus on getting good grades for your GCSEs. This will give you more options of A levels and / or BTECs. If you are in England then you need to stay in education or training until you are 18. Once you have your Level 3 qualification, then you can take a gap year before University if you wish.
Studyyeah
Rep:
If you're under 16 then focus on getting good grades for your GCSEs. This will give you more options of A levels and / or BTECs. If you are in England then you need to stay in education or training until you are 18. Once you have your Level 3 qualification, then you can take a gap year before University if you wish.
But to get an extended level 3 diploma, I believe you need to work full time so do I need to take a gap year for that. Or if I just get an ordinary level 3 qualification do I need to work on it alongside school?
skylark2
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
But to get an extended level 3 diploma, I believe you need to work full time so do I need to take a gap year for that. Or if I just get an ordinary level 3 qualification do I need to work on it alongside school?
You need to work on your GCSEs until the end of year 11. Then you decide what level 3 courses you will do - normally either A levels or BTECs, or possibly a combination. Whatever you choose, you'll do them at school or college. There is no point doing A levels at college and a BTEC in your spare time - you won't have time to do both and nobody will care anyway. There is no point taking a gap year to do a BTEC as well as a full load of A levels.

Your best option to stand out when it comes to university applications is to do as well as you can in your normal school subjects. You can't make yourself stand out by doing far more qualifications than normal, or younger than normal. Quality not quantity.
Studyyeah
Rep:
(Original post by skylark2)
You need to work on your GCSEs until the end of year 11. Then you decide what level 3 courses you will do - normally either A levels or BTECs, or possibly a combination. Whatever you choose, you'll do them at school or college. There is no point doing A levels at college and a BTEC in your spare time - you won't have time to do both and nobody will care anyway. There is no point taking a gap year to do a BTEC as well as a full load of A levels.

Your best option to stand out when it comes to university applications is to do as well as you can in your normal school subjects. You can't make yourself stand out by doing far more qualifications than normal, or younger than normal. Quality not quantity.
sorry, what do you mean by combination
skylark2
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
The thing is, you have been asking about Cambridge. If you want to go to Cambridge, forget BTECs. You will want to go to sixth form and take A levels. But right now, you need to get the best GCSEs you can.
Studyyeah
Rep:
(Original post by skylark2)
The thing is, you have been asking about Cambridge. If you want to go to Cambridge, forget BTECs. You will want to go to sixth form and take A levels. But right now, you need to get the best GCSEs you can.
ok thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (21)
8.61%
Okay (72)
29.51%
A bit lacking (91)
37.3%
Not good at all (60)
24.59%

Watched Threads