SayM1999
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
What would you say is the best way of getting sleep?
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by SayM1999)
What would you say is the best way of getting sleep?
Hi there,

Sleep is really important and its definitely something I want to prioritise more. Do you mean how do you improve the quality of sleep you have or getting more sleep?

A few tips I would give you is:

1) avoid caffeine (tea, coffee, coke etc) after late afternoon so like 3 pm
2) have a night time routine - by doing the same sequence of things every night you're telling your body its time to go to sleep and therefore you'll be able to fall asleep quicker (this could be get changed into pyjamas > wash face > brush teeth > read a book etc.
3) limit the use of blue light (screens) before you go to bed as blue light messes with your circadian rhythm and stimulates your brain in to thinking its still daytime
4) figure out how much sleep *you* need more young adults need 8-10 hours sleep but everyone is different some need slightly more or slightly less so find that amount that makes you feel fully rested
5) keep the same sleeping pattern as much as you can this will increase your quality of sleep because this will "strengthen" your circadian rhythm
6) try sleep tea / chamomile tea - this is a natural way because the ingredients they use naturally calm your body and make you feel sleepy

If you are really struggling to sleep then you might want to see your doctor so they can advise you further and see if there is a deeper issue!

I hope that helps!

All the best,

Jubilee - UoP Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (137)
33.83%
Yes - a trusted person (107)
26.42%
No (109)
26.91%
I'm not sure (52)
12.84%

Watched Threads